on Facebook

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Online Users: 340
3 members and 337 guests
siger, TheKillingJoke
Most users ever online was 2,542, 06-04-2016 at 12:58 AM.
Go Back Home > Forum Search Forums

View Single Post
Unread 09-27-2016, 06:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
MadGypsy
The man who sold the world
USER INFO »
+/-  Reputation: MadGypsy has a spectacular aura aboutMadGypsy has a spectacular aura aboutMadGypsy has a spectacular aura about
Currently: Offline

old ram: 210ish
next ram:60ish
current ram: 30ish (actually starts at 32. It took me a "second" to fly to the cam pos in the image)

a 7th of the original ram (which was doing things a terrible way, though, so...)

I didn't cut any corners, chop out any of the map, none of that. And this is a completely novis situation. The secret isn't really a secret. I remembered that the whole reason I programmed my content manager the way I did is so I could dump the entire library after everything is complete. All of it...err except playlists. All of my data winds down to this one (not really all that huge) Object/Struct so, I was able to dump everything that led up to that as well. I bet I could get that number even lower.

Even in debug mode everything this is doing takes 4 seconds max to finish it all. IE max 4 second load, locally. Almost a second less in release mode. Some of that has to be flashplayer loading itself, too. So, IDK, maybe something around 2 seconds from init() to end. There is no way for me to ever know really.

Last edited by MadGypsy; 09-27-2016 at 06:40 PM..