on Facebook

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Online Users: 350
2 members and 348 guests
Mr.Burns
Most users ever online was 2,542, 06-04-2016 at 12:58 AM.
Go Back Home > Forum Search Forums

View Single Post
Unread 03-15-2017, 03:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
quake one
Axe Man
USER INFO »
+/-  Reputation: quake one is on a distinguished road
Currently: Offline
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
@quake one

When I get home from work tonight, I'll post up an example of what I'm detailing. I realize I threw a lot of info at you, sometimes it's hard to remember how difficult the initial learning curve is for QC.
I quickly found out how and discovered how to extend the time of the quad damage powerup in weapons.qc and I am doing B.Cs degree in computer science, so don't think that I am fool. For me, it shouldn't be so hard to learn QuakeC or QC in short. I can learn it quickly. It's just to learn new language and syntax. Not big problem for me. Really. I just need clear and detailed answer with good explanation. You have done this already, so I thank you. I will try your tips and let you know if I have achieved my goal.

Unknown command "CheckPowerUps".
At the beginning of this thread, when you first time ever mentioned this command, you didn't say where to look for it, so I guessed that this another one of the commands of the darkplaces quake engine, so I just launched and run the game, pressed the tilde ` key to bring up the console and typed "CheckPowerUps". The game console then said
Unknown command "CheckPowerUps"
Only later you said that this command should be in the weapons.qc text file, and implied that it doesn't in the darkplaces quake engine. I don't want to guess where everything is. You should specify. You should tell at least all the minimum and necessary information I need, so I will succeed to do what I want to do at last.

Now I have opened the weapons.qc text file with Notepad.exe, the known application that comes with the every Microsoft Windows operating system, and I have invoked the Find procedure of this application (through window's menu) for the string input "CheckPowerUps" and then a message box appeared with the output

Cannot find "CheckPowerUps"
But you said that this command should be in this text file, so I should not get this output from Notepad.exe. Same for both "PlayerPreThink" and "PlayerPostThink". Are you kidding me or what?

Last edited by quake one; 03-15-2017 at 03:59 PM..