on Facebook

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Online Users: 358
3 members and 355 guests
Mathuzzz, vibok
Most users ever online was 2,542, 06-04-2016 at 12:58 AM.
Go Back Home > Forum Search Forums

View Single Post
Unread 05-17-2017, 09:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Spike
FTEQW Author
USER INFO »
+/-  Reputation: Spike has a spectacular aura aboutSpike has a spectacular aura about
Currently: Offline
Originally Posted by Baker View Post
Spiked Quakespasm R7 can connect to DarkPlaces servers that are running the usual DarkPlaces protocol (DPP7).

http://triptohell.info/moodles/qss/q...m-spike-r7.zip
qss's own protocol extensions also do the same nack-deltas thing, so you can just use qss as the server instead. no need for dpp7.

@baker
either way its fairly trivial to add client-side support for nack deltas, be they fte's or dpp7. its the server side that's hard.
on the other hand, qss has less checks for PEXT2_REPLACEMENTDELTAS than it does for PROTOCOL_VERSION_DP7, and that's despite the dpp7 references being just the client side (and many of those repdelta checks are just to trigger host_errors when the server didn't enable it). Which is frankly the main reason that I went with that instead of dpp7 - its much simpler to integrate (same reason I added dp-compatible downloads instead of fte's extension, see! I'm not excessively biased!). the dpp7 stuff that I did add was really only because dp servers default to dpp7 and have no graceful fallback, its also not very complete, but 'should' be enough for running vanilla quake.
either way qss doesn't support prediction
but yeah, I really ought to make a qss-r8 release some time - there's a few serious bugs in r7.