The Bloody Slipgates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crowpath View Post
    I haven't played them all yet but these are very good. I just played a couple of the maps from the rmx-pack...awesome. If you have any other top notch SP level recommendations PM me or post them here.
    Spirit runs a top-notch site, Quaddicted.com, packed with every single player map in existence for Quake.

The Quaddicted site is one of the true wonders of the modern Quake community, the database has the author's name, release date and so forth for 1,000 single player maps with screenshots and ratings.

Click "Single Player Maps" under Archives on the top left menu there:

http://www.quaddicted.com/spmaps.html

My short list of some of the greatest works include Travail, Warpspasm, Insomnia, etc. but everyone has their own personal list of greatest works.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

The standing and jumping on exploboxes thing, by the way, is controlled by ent->v.solid and ent->v.movetype, which are different for instanced BSP models than they are for inline brush submodels. I've coded support for it in an experimental build of DirectQ, and it's not that hard to do. The main consideration is getting the QC entity think interaction done using the old values, but the physics interaction done using the new ones.

I might write a tutorial for it, but I'm hugely dubious about it as a "feature". The reason why is that it's gameplay changing, and could open up areas in maps that would otherwise be inaccessible. It's also possible that some mods may have done things with exploboxes that such a "feature" would break on.
      IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by spooker View Post
        i couldnt find teh silver key
        ahhahahahaha

Comment

Working...
        X