Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slot-Zero ramps up updates on RuneQuake!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
    now that might be a viable replacment for the hook.
    It would also negate any ceiling/wall camping, because of the inherit requirement to keep moving in order to stay in Matrix Mode. I know anyone who has played RuneQuake has come across the occassional hooked to ceiling spam camper

I simply don't see the hook disappearing though, it's too ingrained now. I would put my money on if the hook disappeared partially/entirely so would some players.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

well, then thats the question:

"should the hook be kept just to appease players?"

my answer would be no, because change makes things new, gives players the opportunity formulate new strategies and can level the playing field between new players and veterans. if i were doing it, i would remove free hook,and replace it with something like the matrix rune. alternatively, you could just make both the hook and matrix rune rare pickups.
      My Avatars!
      Quake Leagues
      Quake 1.5!!!
      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Rune of Kaio-Ken

Increases your damage and run speed by 50% for each application...also causes you to lose 5 health per second for each application. (So, Kaio-Ken x5 would cause you to lose 25 health per second. Rune-use to activate and to add a new application, rune-delete to deactivate, deletes rune if inactive.

Comment

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
          well, then thats the question:

"should the hook be kept just to appease players?"

my answer would be no, because change makes things new, gives players the opportunity formulate new strategies and can level the playing field between new players and veterans. if i were doing it, i would remove free hook,and replace it with something like the matrix rune. alternatively, you could just make both the hook and matrix rune rare pickups.
          If you have 1,000 players at your disposal, dramatic changes can be made and there is little risk of ghost - towning the server your making those dramatic changes on.

Example only, say there are 30 regular Rune players. The hook gets ripped out entirely with....

-the option to turn it back on through vote-hook
          =it will always be voted back on.

or

-its gone entirely,*poof* being a good descriptor
          =people will just quit,point blank if you fuck the formula up that kept the active players coming back for more for 10+ years , you risk losing anywhere from 50% or higher of your player base.

Then again,maybe i'm wrong. There is a real chance people have been QUITTING Rune's because of its remained static for X amount of years without updates,new runes, or modifications, and breathing fresh air into the mod at every possible corner would bring players back for a deep inhale of the fresh air? Could be. I just think the risk / reward should be more evened out and less risky.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
          X