Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fastest Quake Has EVER Been Done (100% kills/secrets)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fastest Quake Has EVER Been Done (100% kills/secrets)

Update: "We're currently giving the SDA site (The Quake portion of the site that is) a major overhaul, meaning that we're now posting videos on YouTube and FaceBook in addition to the demo files we post on SDA. Currently all the Quake done Quick videos released are up, and more will follow once we get them encoded from .dem to video." -- Thomas Stubgaard / SDA ... (Read more)

This was released on the 10th Anniversary of Quake on July 22, 2006 by the SDA. Watch for the kill during intermission on E1M2! This is the fastest that the E1 levels have ever been done with no regard for things you shouldn't be able to do, like shooting an ogre with the nail gun AFTER you exited the level from the intermission camera!
    Last edited by Baker; 06-30-2009, 08:33 PM.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Seriously awesome, these guys are good at what they do! No doubt!!

Comment

nice video.

An haha to the camera kill after the rnd.

An uh... who by chance is the SDA?

Sorry i'm not very fluent with gamer info's i just play quake... and/or games (mostly just quake) tho not recently anyway's yeah i never read about games i just play them.

So who are the SDA? or what does it stand for?

Comment

Speed Demos Archive - Quake section

Comment

insane demo
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

ah... thank you. ^_^

Comment

WOW... Amazing i used to do that ages ago on mp vanilla DM quake. I would use my SNG to kill anyone who was in that place ... The frag didn't register tho .
              http://euroquake.webs.com

Comment

what is a "kill during intermission" and a "camera kill"?

Comment

Originally posted by eieio View Post
                  what is a "kill during intermission" and a "camera kill"?
                  It shows the end of level scoreboard and monsters killed with the traditional view from up in the air looking down and HE SHOOTS an ogre DEAD on E1M2.

You obviously shouldn't be able to do that, but due to a bug I'm told involving the nailgun if you finish a level holding down fire, the nailgun will shoot during the level summary scoreboard!

/Why is this video not showing on FireFox 3.10 or 3.11 on my Vista laptop, yet this Mac OSX machine sees it fine and apparently you guys do as well. Sigh.
                  Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Lerster View Post
                    nice video.

An haha to the camera kill after the rnd.

An uh... who by chance is the SDA?
                    Speed Demos Archive. They've made most of the Quake movies showing people finish single player very rapidly and they've done it for a quite a while and have thousands of Quake (and even a large body of non-Quake) speed runs.

http://speeddemosarchive.com/

In this thread, you can read me suggesting that they modernize and get some of these gems on YouTube so they can be more easily shared:

Func_Msgboard: Quake Speedruns On SDA

Comment

thanks for explaining. haha, that was actually very cool.

Comment

well thats just fuckin amazing !

autoaim ?
                        SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
                        THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
                        sigpic

Comment

Quake done Quick / SDA - YouTube and FaceBook video channels

Just to add to Baker's post. We're currently given the SDA site (The Quake portion of the site that is) a major overhaul, meaning that we're now posting videos on YouTube and FaceBook in addition to the demo files we post on SDA. Currently all the Quake done Quick videos released are up, and more will follow once we get them encoded from .dem to video. Eventually we'll also provide .zip support for the demos (instead of only .dz support - something we should have done ages ago...) and an "easy to download and install" version of Quake along with a "getting started guide", but we're in the midst of sorting out the final issues, so it'll take a short while before it all goes live.

YouTube video channel for Quake speedruns
                          Facebook video channel for Quake speedruns
                          Speed Demos Archive Quake section

Comment

Originally posted by StatiC View Post
                            autoaim ?
                            No, just LOADS of practise :-)

Comment

heh quake done chopped is pretty cool

Comment

Working...
                              X