The Gateway to Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gateway to Hell

After 20 months of work (I admit, I made a half part time effort... as I have been very busy the past year) here is my latest map.
    This is the sequel of "Castle of the Dark Ages", hence some areas will look familiar...
    This map requires Quoth2 and enhanced Quake engine (e.g FitzQuake0.85) as some standard limits have been broken

Screenshots:

Download:
    http://lambert.jeanphilippe.free.fr/DownLoad/gth.zip

http://lambert.jeanphilippe.free.fr

As usual, all feedback/comments are welcome

Enjoy !!!
    Last edited by Phenom; 11-26-2010, 09:24 AM.
    What Does Not Kill You, Makes You Stronger

Wow, those screenshots look great. I'll have to download this tonight.

Comment

Great map, my full comment is at func_. To those who haven't played this yet: grab it now, and don't forget to play "Castle of the Dark Ages" before this one if you never played it.
      dfsp*spirit
      my FPS maps

Comment

All I have to say is wow. Beautiful detail and great gameplay (that goes for both maps). Something seems broken when I played with DirectQ though... I had to rocket jump to get at the portal back to the start area and when I got there, no guards ever appeared. Not to mention that the exit was visible from the start, which I doubt was intentional. Is this actually a problem with the port? Or is the map somehow broken?

Edit: I forgot to mention that nothing happens when you fall into a void... you just fall and get hurt with normal falling damage and you're stuck there unless you fly or noclip out.

Comment

Originally posted by ChronoSeth View Post
          All I have to say is wow. Beautiful detail and great gameplay (that goes for both maps). Something seems broken when I played with DirectQ though... I had to rocket jump to get at the portal back to the start area and when I got there, no guards ever appeared. Not to mention that the exit was visible from the start, which I doubt was intentional. Is this actually a problem with the port? Or is the map somehow broken?

Edit: I forgot to mention that nothing happens when you fall into a void... you just fall and get hurt with normal falling damage and you're stuck there unless you fly or noclip out.
          The map is great!

Interesting about falling into the void. I did it and died
          If you see 427 playing Quake thats me.

Comment

Make sure you have Quoth installed and turned [On]

Unzip The Gateway to Hell into it's own subfolder and select it with the
            "change gamedir" option in menu like so:

Then set your preferred skill level with the skill command (0=Easy, 1=Normal, 2=Hard, 3=Nightmare)
            and start the map with: map gatetohell

Comment

@ChronoSeth: I didn't have these issues. I played using fitzquake 0.85 the way =peg= explained it:

Code:
              fitzquake085.exe -game quoth -heapsize 64000 +skill 0 +map gatetohell
              dfsp*spirit
              my FPS maps

Comment

JPL, if you don't mind I will probably edit your post starting this thread to better maximize use the of QuakeOne front page layout (i.e. embed the images, etc, etc.).
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I am glad everybody enjoyed playing the map: thanks guys !

@Baker: Please do, I don't mind... and afterall, this is your forum website right ? I am just an humble "post-er" here
                  What Does Not Kill You, Makes You Stronger

Comment

Originally posted by dfsp_spirit View Post
                    Code:
                    fitzquake085.exe -game quoth -heapsize 64000 +skill 0 +map gatetohell
                    Make sure to use
                    Code:
                    -hipnotic -game quoth
                    or even better if your engine supports it out of the box
                    Code:
                    -quoth
                    I think Fitz 085 does so
                    Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Ah, I forgot to turn Quoth on. Still a wonderful map.

Comment

Got it working with Darkplaces engine...I think I have the version just before the current release, so far no problems. Thanks for the map, I have not played Quake in months.

Comment

Thanks Phenom for editing the news article for the front page format.

Greatly appreciated.
                          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                            Thanks Phenom for editing the news article for the front page format.

Greatly appreciated.
                            Not a problem
                            QuakeOne.com
                            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                            Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                            Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Phen, looks like you have a follower and he's giving us a warning that you cause some negative side effects?

Comment

Working...
                              X