Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe3 by ziffon / sm155 entities redone for 3wave

safe3 by ziffon

ziffon has recently released his latest map, Safe3. It's a Quake1 DM level, suited for 2-4 players.

Download it here: Safe3

"Played a few games now, and I have to say, this map is great!" -peg

This map has also been quoted as being one players thought of "greatest map ever for dm". We at Quakeone.com highly recommend you check this out. Get it on your servers admins! This is a great map!

sm155_trinca entities added for 3wave CTF

Recently Monster and Frenzy have decided to go through the hundreds of maps and try to see if they can't rile up some action on the pre-existing non symetrical maps created by users of the forum and elsewhere. Here is the first one they have done. This map is done by Trinca, and is called "Castle of Death".

Download: sm155_trinca

The file download is with the original entities done by Trinca (entities being the weapons, ammo, monsters), however, once you connect to one of the 3wave servers that currently has it (yayowave.quakeone.com and yayotexas.quakeone.com), you will then see it in 3wave form.
    Last edited by Frenzy; 03-28-2011, 06:47 PM.
    uakene.com

Wow, that looks pretty damn nice.

Comment

I got it a few weeks ago on planet quake's Q1 page. Did a single player walk through, with Qrack, seems ok. Definitely a traditional style map that ought to fit in on the newdm servers. BTW, where do all the q1 mappers hang out these days? Is there a site? Quake map hotel was great, and all the mappers in Q1 had their own spots on planet quake, but no more :/

Comment

You'll find most of em on Func_MsgBoard.

Comment

I just tried sm155_trinca on yayotexas. I was a bit disappointed that you could hook the black. I think it should be like the sky in Red Alert so you're forced to hook the walls or the hanging lights. Yes I realize that with sm115_trinca if you couldn't hook the black it would limit your hooking mobility but that would make it more of a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit View Post
            I just tried sm155_trinca on yayotexas. I was a bit disappointed that you could hook the black. I think it should be like the sky in Red Alert so you're forced to hook the walls or the hanging lights. Yes I realize that with sm115_trinca if you couldn't hook the black it would limit your hooking mobility but that would make it more of a challenge.
            Taking that into consideration. That's twice today we've heard that
            uakene.com

Comment

I'd imagine changing the hookable black sky would involve editing the bsp file and getting the .map source. Perfectly doable if we could get a hold of Trinca and ask him. We could also spice it up a bit more with some of the 3wave flag textures

Fun making these into 3wave maps... Hopefully Frenzy and I can churn out some more

I've yet to play safe3 but it looks quite fun. The layout is traditional QW style but at the same time is different enough. I'd love to put it on NewDM but that would involve updating the map pack once more.
              Clan Brotherhood of the Axe

Comment

Hookable/Not hookable sky is a QuakeC modification as Yugo2Heck once illustrated to me.

So the only capable of changing that is R00k.

/Not Mr. QuakeC but this is my understanding.
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Problem is (i *think*), that the "black sky" is not actually sky at all.. it's just a black texture, meaning the black "sky" is just as solid as the walls.. (or more the point, it is actually a wall)

Comment

Trinca has always been an open source guy. His web site:

http://trinca.no.sapo.pt/

You can find his email link there but moving the mouse over the "e" at the bottom right. You can ask him for the map source and see what he says, Trinca is a great guy.
                    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

you gays as I say can modifie anything no problem at all just dont rename the map with not my nick "trinca" present"

:p

Comment

ahh forget, tchak might be a fun map also for tf, with only center room of piramid with all the buildindings arround the rest deleted!

Comment

LOL

you guys not gays :\ was a mistake fucking English

Comment

Originally posted by Trinca View Post
                            LOL

you guys not gays :\ was a mistake fucking English
                            Hey Trinca, based on this thread it looks like the black void sky might not be actual sky texture, which makes it so the hook in ThreeWave can attach to the sky (which is bad in a void map for sure).

Comment

compile map with sky no problem

U can use it and abuse it

Comment

Working...
                              X