Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock2ober 2014

It's time for....

Click the image to get the full scoop! Discuss HERE!
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f77r-vu9xE]AGR: Rock2ober 2010 trailer - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHQdQcdsngc]Rock2ober 2011 trailer - YouTube[/ame]
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Possibly the very last Team Fortress 'Rock2ober' ever? OH NOES, I'll make the effort to connect to a TF server tonight and get setup.... Last I remember QW offered mod downloading too right? I should just be able to connect and all the goodies get autoloaded yeah??

Comment

ya, i'd suggest getting nQuake it is a 1 click install of QuakeWorld..
        There's also FTE and DarkPlaces. All required files for the mod should download automatically for you.

Is this to be played in USA?
        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

The Science and Artistry of AGR Team Fortress
          HOME
          NEWS
          WEEKLY AGR SESSIONS
          STRATEGY
          FAQS
          ARCHIVES
          FORUM
          PLAY NOW!!
          Rock2ober 2014
          BY ONEMANCLAN, ON OCTOBER 5TH, 2014

Men and women of the Q1 TF world,

For those who don’t know, Rock2ober is a once a year event where an attempt is made to get 32 players together at the same time, at the same place, to create the biggest and most action packed TF game possible. If you’ve never heard of Rock2ober – check out the Rock2ober FAQ. This year, on Saturday 25th of October 2014, once again, the entire AGR playerbase all gathers at one time, in one place, to battle it out at the worlds biggest Q1 Team Fortress event. Whether you’re a devoted AGR Maniac, a dabbler, or if you just love your Team Fortress anyway you can get it, this is possibly your last chance to experience Rock2ober in all its Gory Glory:

32 players!

120 minutes!

16 vs 16!

ATTACKERS GO RED

TEAM FORTRESS

INSANITY!

Player numbers declined in 2014, so this might very well be the last Rock2ober ever. There, I said it. SO if you’re still fan, or used to be a fan, this might be your last chance EVER to play in a big game with all the STARS from years gone by. Yea, I know many people have moved on, jobs, girlfriends, wives etc etc.. but hey, if you’re like me, there’s a special place for Q1 TF in your heart, and you will FEEL THE NEED to be there. Can you feel it now? Do you get a special feeling when you think back to the action and insanity of years gone by? Do you miss it? Me too. Can you experience that feeling ever again? I say YES. Once again however, I’ll need your help. Once again, if we’re going to get anywhere near the target of 32/32, I’m reaching out to the wider world of TF players. Maybe you who are reading this prefer Vanilla TF, Classic CustomTF, MegaTF, CTF, or TWCTF, but for an event this big, I know all TF players, of ALL genres will want to be there. Yea, yea, AGR is different but hey, the core idea is ‘Blue defends flag’ / ‘Red captures flag’, so anyone who has ever played Team Fortress will be up to speed in no time. So don’t miss out on a rare opportunity to play in a 32 player game in 2014, ok? YOU can help make this happen by spreading the word about Rock2ober 2014 to EVERY Quake player you know, current and retired. At least tell them to watch the ‘Rock2ober’ vids on youtube (2010 and 2011 had proper promo vids!):

and

Man, I watched these AGAIN today, and they STILL get my blood pumping! So let’s do it:

What: Rock2ober 2014

Where: tastyspleen.net:26666

When: Saturday 25th October, 23:00 GMT/UTC. Convert this to your timezone here.

Who: Everyone.

Why: Do you need to ask?

MAP SCHEDULE
          1. rock2 (65 minutes)

2. intermission (10 minutes)

2. rock2 (65 minutes) SPAMADELLICA MODE (Team damage off, mirror damage off)
          I grabbed eZQuake and failed to download correct map.

Comment

I contacted OMC to ask him to offer a practice starting at 6pm ET (10pm GMT) for those who are new to this mod.

For NetQuake player, this is pretty easy/fun since the feeling is almost the same and the bunnyhoping is nothing big in this mod (you need to buy special stuff to really benefit from it).

You don't need to know so many different commands but still you need 2-3-4 basic ones.

When the real game will start at 7pm ET (11pm GMT) OMC will not be available to help at all... he's going to be powning.

OMC insists to use FTE GL QW... easy instructions are available at PLAY NOW!! AGRMania!.

After you installed the requiered files... do a test by connecting to:
            tastyspleen.net:26666

Comment

What makes me wonder is how this news thread gets over 4,000 views in just a few days. Compare the other news threads. This forum doesn't have 4,000 individual readers. There are no 4,000 Quake TF players. There are not 4,000 people in the entire Quake community.

I would say that it's bought traffic, but a) it's not enough clicks for that (you can get 15,000 clicks for like 10 bucks) and b) who would be crazy enough to do that?

I'm stunned. What happened?

Edit: Suddenly they all seem to have that many views. That is crazy, how did that happen? They used to have just a couple hundred.
              Scout's Journey
              Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Rock2ober 2014: The Aftermath

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldOo-f4WCaQ]Rock2ober 2014 review - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

HA watching those videos make me miss MegaTF a LOT! lol.. Good times.

Comment

Will have to get MH to add that stat password thing .

Comment

Will have to get MH to add that stat password thing .

Comment

Working...
                      X