BLACKROOM Announced, the new FPS from John Romero and Adrian Carmack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLACKROOM Announced, the new FPS from John Romero and Adrian Carmack

Just last week, John Romero and Adrian Carmack had teased that they were working on a new FPS and that it would be revealed to the world on April 25th. Well, that day has come and BLACKROOM has been revealed.

BLACKROOM appears to be a cyber-punk inspired FPS that promises a ten hour single player campaign, a fast and violent multiplayer mode (which features deathmatch, co-op, 1on1 and Arena modes) and the ability to fully mod the game, which I'm sure the community will be thankful for. As great as this may sound, keep in mind that at the earliest they're projecting a December 2018 release, which is about 2 and a half years away.

It looks like what will make BLACKROOM unique is the use of a new device called the Boxel which is said to influence the environment, the enemies and the weapons in the game.

Keep in mind, for this game to see the light of day, it will need to be fully backed on Kickstarter. For more info, you can check out the Kickstarter page, and you can even watch John Romero and Adrian Carmark talk about BLACKROOM today, live on Twitch.
    Attached Files

Oh boy, here we go to become Romero's bitches again!

All jokes aside, this actually looks quite interesting.

Comment

Very interesting... A lot of familiar language there. Not enough to become a "backer" yet. We'll see after a few beers this weekend, I may jump right in there. That seems like a good price for the game... Albeit a two year wait to play it.
      *I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*
      sigpic

Comment

meh... essentially a game about modding games. so let me guess. no solid story or design concept so find an excuse to slap together varying and opposing different genres, timelines and themes... somewhat of a cop-out really...

Comment

Working...
        X