Introducing Quake Guy 2016!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing Quake Guy 2016!

As we all know, Quake has been around for 20 years now, so forum member Dutch has decided that the Quake Guy (or Ranger) was in need of an updated look. Here is Quake Guy 2016, complete with beard!

Of course, the new Quake Guy comes with more updates than just a beard. Dutch elaborates about the updates in his forum post:

This is an enhanced version of id Software's original Quake Guy, primarily focusing on graphical improvements such as an increased vertex count, smoother animations, seamless texturing that accentuates details, and 3D features with a sense of depth, all while maintaining the classic look of our favorite hero (with a few minor deviations of course). Also included is a grisly gibbed head model replacement that stays consistent in size and detail to the Quake Guy model (unlike the original gibbed head).
    You can download the Quakespasm engine version of the model here, or if you're using another engine like Dark Places, you can download that version here.

Of course, make sure to stop by Dutch's original forum post about the new Quake Guy model and tell him what you think.
    Attached Files

Downloaded installed and tested !
    Everything looks very smooth but wouldn't it be possible to make one with a face covering helmet ?

Comment

There's actually a newer version of the model at the thread itself if you click the 'forum post' link in the original post.

The ones you are downloading on this page are old, and not as nice. I'm going to remove them so people don't download the wrong ones anymore (i was wondering why on earth version 1 was getting as many downloads as version 2...now I know lol).
      'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Oh.... Thanks for the heads up, I never would have guessed.

Comment

No problem! Thanks for checking it out.

As far as a version with an enclosed helmet, it's entirely possible, and quite likely I will make one for a mod I'm working on. There have also been some requests to make a more traditional version without the beard. I'll probably add several variations, but that could be a while.

Comment

I got a mod you could make.

1) make just the helmet enclosure
            2) make just the part of his face that will have no beard

make a qc mod that binds those model pieces to keys. When a user presses a key it sticks that model in front of his face.

Voila! You want no beard ranger, press "n"...you want enclosed helmet press "e" and the best part is modeling just the helmet or his lower face will be super easy... and adding just that data to your uvmap will be easy too. If you want to get real silly - make a map where you have to pick up those pieces of his face before you can use them, store them in items and display it in the HUD.
            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

"Impulse 254" - face cheat

Comment

Working...
              X