Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quake Champions, First Gameplay Trailer Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'm actually pretty pumped for this to come out.

Maybe the reason they don't jump into the old school single player is because they realize what made SP so awesome was the modding abilities of the community. The more complicated games get, the harder they are to mod, the less lifespan they have.

Even the most hardcore Quake1 SP fanatic would have gotten bored as hell of the original campaign episodes by now. User created content is what kept this game alive on the SP side of things.
    'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Dm6!

I recognize those pillars at the 1:00 mark anywhere! I practiced my strafe jumping on them like mad crazy!

Comment

Eh. On one side I'm glad the Quake Series has a revival, on another I'm disappointed that we don't get a sequel to the Shub-Niggurath or the Strogg Timeline....
        When I think about it it means the series will continue, but I'm still disappointed by the lack of a solo game.
        But we already had a new DooM this year, so it is already a good thing.

Comment

Quake 3 isn't Quake

Id had a chance to wish the best video game of all time a happy birthday and celebrate it for being the darkest, most invigorating, and most atmospheric shooter of all time but instead Id continues to shit on Quakes image by making it's legacy as a generic looking sci fi arena shooter. I think that Quake 3 destroyed Quake's image even more than Quake 2. This game will continue to drown Quake's unique identify from those who never got to experience what Quake truly was and still is. I hope I'm making some sense here, I'm really pissed off at this game because I just love Quake 1 so much!

I am really excited to see that they at least bought back the Quakeman to the series, oh right, the "ranger". Screw Quake 3! To me, Quake will always be about fighting horrifying demons as a lone, badass marine who's extremely pissed and determined, exploring beautifully designed castles and satanic landscapes, the unique weapons and monsters, and the overall grim and serious tone that only Quake 1 delivered.
          Last edited by Quakeman5; 10-17-2016, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X