No announcement yet.

Operation: Overload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we need quoth coop server, ive been saying that to foq for a while but he just wont do it

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
      With aguirRe's base I created Engine Limits - Quake Wiki for the plain "numeral" limits.

edit: Heh, you posted while I worked on it. The wiki is pretty hidden sadly, I recently grabbed quakewiki.org to use for it. Just need to get hold of the quakedev.com admin and Sajt (who's account the wiki is on) to make it work.
      Looks like Quakedev isn't very active this days. I guess having so many quake related websites doesn't help retrieving useful information.

I've added my engine to the Wiki and I found it very useful ! I can see where I can make improvements and it also gives some tips about issues I'm currently facing. Yet a reference for me.

We could use the same idea on the level editor side to help mappers helping each other.

Thanks a lot for the wiki stuff, if I can help, let me know.
      engine: quore.free.fr

Comment

Originally posted by metchsteekle View Post
        we need quoth coop server, ive been saying that to foq for a while but he just wont do it
        A Quoth coop server is simply impossible.

This is part of the reason why I view all closed source as absolutely moronic.

An example: let's say you pick e1m1rmx. When that map ends it wants to exit to, I'm thinking, e1m2rmx. But there is no such map and a server would crash. You could easily create a few lines of code in the server QuakeC to override, like how RQuake returns to the Intro map or how that Undergate project I made did the same (that wasn't my idea, it was metslime's suggestion way back when I mentioned the idea at func).

Furthermore, how would you vote a map for a mod without such a capability? The answer is you don't.

Closed source makes things that would be mild inconveniences for an open source code (spend 20 minutes, tweak and recompile) into impossibilities.

The awesome Kurok mod has these same liabilities. A Kurok server would kick ass and be fun, but it can never happen as well.

CRMOD's ability to only host 10 custom maps turned it into a dinosaur.

Closed source is just really bad.

(Note to self: I missed the Quore engine in the news).
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by JPL View Post
          If the intention was to list all released stuff about Quake this year: indeed you missed some....
          could not have said it better my self

Comment

Working...
          X