Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the all new QuakeOne.com!!

Welcome to the all new QuakeOne.com! The web site has been moved to a brand new web host, and the site software (vBulletin) has been upgraded to the most recent version. All previous data, including users and posts, has been converted over to the new version of the site.

We are still in the process of updating the site look and feel. We hope to have this updated shortly. In the meantime we have simply launched the site with the default software templates so as to not keep the site down any longer.

Until we get the site back up and running as it was before, please use http://servers.quakeone.com to find game server stats.

If you find any issues with anything on QuakeOne.com, please let us know in the Site Feedback Forum.

Thanks for your patience!

-Solecord
See more
See less

Opening a position for Editor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
    would be nice to know if you did. I'm seriously ready to play. I think even syluxman and amebix was wanting to see the server back in atlanta.
    if anyone knows if anything has changed in the last year, i still have all the files from when i was running cax on quake.toked.us

Comment

Everytime i come home i want to play some damn CAX. No one is around and no sense of posting here because my real world life changes by the minute for things to do. I have however been playing alot more Urban Terror and Quakelive not because i want to play them but because there are people. I still can't seem to get into Counterstrike as it bores me to death. But i do not care to play on an out-dated CAx server such as Rage. I would like to have the freezetag, Qball, koth and so on with the latest stuff.. until i see a server with the latest updates and people playing i will continue to remain in retirement.

Comment

if Atlanta's up, ill try to pop in.
        So save today, the secrets that you prayed for and wait, cause we deserve it so much more!
        My Avatars!
        Quake Leagues

Quake 1.5!!!
        Definitive HD Quake

Comment

I don't idle on Quake servers anymore. I am always willing to play a game of CAx but I'm never willing to seed the server.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I'll have to find a new version of CAx that's stable.
            I think I was in the middle of adding something to version 1.97 when I last touched the code, so im not sure, it's been over a year.
            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
              Everytime i come home i want to play some damn CAX. No one is around and no sense of posting here because my real world life changes by the minute for things to do... ...But i do not care to play on an out-dated CAx server such as Rage. I would like to have the freezetag, Qball, koth and so on with the latest stuff.. until i see a server with the latest updates and people playing i will continue to remain in retirement.
              Hi WL,
              Please forgive the newbie question as I know virtually nothing about CAX, but does the version you are looking for differ from the one on newyork.servequake.com:26004? This does get some traffic, especially from 2 players called "Q rum Q" and "the Muffin man" whoever they are , and I was just wondering if this what you were after?

P.S. You will be pleased to hear that Lefty is back kicking and some RuneQuake butt at quake.shmack.net so whatever you said to him appears to have worked

Kind regards

Monty
              Mr.Burns
              WWW: QuakeOne | Q1 File Repo | Quake Terminus|EuroQuake, You Tube: QuakeVoid
              Servers: flanders.servequake.com | newyork.servequake.com ports 26000-6 & 10 | damage.servequake.com
              NEWS : The new Quakeone file repo is now available, so click here to satisfy all your Quake 1 multiplayer needs

Comment

i just compiled and uploaded it...

http://www.quakeone.com/cax/CAx_v197e.zip

i'll update the webpage to reflect the changes

Comment

Please tell me you made the fourth team purple...

Comment

I think what I'm seeing is people would rather have a front page that maybe shows the most popular threads maybe? That would consistently keep the front page fresh because the community on here seems to talk and make new posts pretty often.

I liked the idea of setting up an area where you can explain to people how to get quake running nowadays. Though i think Quaddicted has that pretty much covered...maybe this could be write ups on how to get people into multiplayer games easier? I like the real time browser and server list stuff myself, but maybe it's not readily apparent to new people what it all is?

I dunno, just throwing some thought out there.

Edit: Upon looking at the front page again, I do see a recent threads column but I feel like it gets lost. Maybe that can be more of a centerpiece on the front page?

Comment

Originally posted by ArrrCee View Post
                      I think what I'm seeing is people would rather have a front page that maybe shows the most popular threads maybe? That would consistently keep the front page fresh because the community on here seems to talk and make new posts pretty often.

I liked the idea of setting up an area where you can explain to people how to get quake running nowadays. Though i think Quaddicted has that pretty much covered...maybe this could be write ups on how to get people into multiplayer games easier? I like the real time browser and server list stuff myself, but maybe it's not readily apparent to new people what it all is?

I dunno, just throwing some thought out there.

Edit: Upon looking at the front page again, I do see a recent threads column but I feel like it gets lost. Maybe that can be more of a centerpiece on the front page?
                      getting a full blown / capable quake download that people could obtain + try out modern multiplayer Q1.

paramount you get it in their hands for free vs the former...imo
                      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                        getting a full blown / capable quake download that people could obtain + try out modern multiplayer Q1.

paramount you get it in their hands for free vs the former...imo
                        Well, let's put it this way... Quake will be 20 years old in less than 2 years.
                        One could start building a free-2-play pak in hopes to get it done,
                        OR we could start promoting the place to buy it and how to install it and where to play it, NOW!

Comment

Working...
                        X