GTA 5 for PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTA 5 for PC

GTA 5 for PC is due to release on January 27th, 2015, Are you buying it?

If you are please take the poll.
    Yes, will play it online.
    25.00%
    Yes, will NOT play it online
    4.17%
    Maybe?
    12.50%
    No, not interested.
    58.33%

Nope, my PC (laptop) isn't powerful enough and I'd rather get it on an XBOX ONE since PC would be 4k display and I don't feel like buying a 4k monitor + powerful enough PC until I use it for more then just 1 game.

I also currently still own an XBOX 360 with GTA V and don't see a point of upgrading GTA V or my XBOX 360 until some real good games get released for nextgen.

I'll probably be waiting a couple more years before I upgrade my current gen, it'll be cheaper and I can make a better decision whether I want to go XBOX ONE or PS4 once theres a solid lineup of games specifically made for those consoles which don't have "last-gen" tethered to them.

I don't care to much for some the changes they mad in GTA V "next-gen" first person isn't GTA at all. Though I do like the fact that graphics are much improved and there will be a lot more animations I'll bide my time and be patient.
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

GTA, boring....

saints row is much more fun! <3

100% less seriousness, 100% more absurdness, 200% more fun!
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I have all the saints rows for xbox. 1 2 and 3.. i have gta 4 for xbox and gta 5. I play GTA 4 LCPDFR on PC modified to the max with custom graphics (ENB) custom cars look at my profile pic of the FHP dodge charger. PC is much better for games as you CANT modify xbox or ps games.

Comment

absolutely, modding ftw <3

i only game on PC for same reason, moddability <3
          why play stock games if you can also have them modded to make them even more awesome

i have saints row 2-4 on pc myself, and have multiple mods for them added to the game to make the game look and feel even more awesome
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Played throught GTA 3 & VC on PS2 & PC. Loved em.

Tried out the 4 and 5 and thought the worlds are well crafted but the gameplay just didn't click with me.

I think the early GTAs were more comic book and less serious. I liked that about them.

Finished Saints Row 4. Really great, lots of variety, absolutely crazy.
            Username : Atomic Robokid on Steam

Please check out my Quake made things:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/run-over
            https://adam-freeman.itch.io/hazard
            https://adam-freeman.itch.io/diver
            https://adam-freeman.itch.io/beyond

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
              why play stock games if you can also have them modded to make them even more awesome
              Some of us are just to busy to keep track of all the modding utilities/releases and just want to play a game every now and then.

Heck I've spent quite some time on the worlds biggest pacman game recently, it's more aboutone's fun than modding new things into the game for me. If I wanted a game to be modded I'd make my own game! Though I am guilty of starting to make my own Quake mod or 3 in the past.

I really only play 1 game actually, I was never the type to play multiple games at once since I never really had/have the time to spread myself that thin and I barely play games at all as it is, I have over $500 in games I've bought over the years and they just collect dust in my closet now or sit idle in my Steam account...

GTA V is just enough to subdue my inner demons pushing for chaos. I don't care if there's 7000,0000 more vertices in the new next-gen version as long as I get to snipe people or knife them in the back due to their horrible strategy and CQC and run missions with friends every now and then it's fun enough.

I'll let next-gen come to me, I won't chase next-gen.
              QuakeOne.com
              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
              Great Quake engine

Comment

@phenom, I am not sure what type of laptop you have but my laptop handles all games that I play in its highest graphic settings which includes GTA 4 which is a graphic sucking intense game for PC. I have an AMD A10 3.20ghz w/ 1TB hd, Radeon HD 7660G split memory gpu/cpu.
                8GB DDR3 and I can adjust the memory to be used on my gpu lets say i want 2.5gb on my GPU and 5.5 on CPU I can adjust it in my cpu/gpu control app.
                I paid $549.99 (originally $999.99) at best buy just over a year ago. Only complaint I have is 15.5 inch widescreen.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
                  @phenom, I am not sure what type of laptop you have but my laptop handles all games that I play in its highest graphic settings which includes GTA 4 which is a graphic sucking intense game for PC. I have an AMD A10 3.20ghz w/ 1TB hd, Radeon HD 7660G split memory gpu/cpu.
                  8GB DDR3 and I can adjust the memory to be used on my gpu lets say i want 2.5gb on my GPU and 5.5 on CPU I can adjust it in my cpu/gpu control app.
                  I paid $549.99 (originally $999.99) at best buy just over a year ago. Only complaint I have is 15.5 inch widescreen.
                  Think I mentioned it on the forums awhile ago a few times that I put aside a lot of my gaming things and focuses.

I actually still have my gaming PC tucked away but in pieces. I stripped it down to find out why it wouldn't get past BIOS POST, turned out the CPU connectors on the motherboard were warped from all the pressure it deals with causing disconnects between the metal leads once the motherboard warmed up and expanded even the tiniest of bit. I just never really got around to fixing it and don't really have a need to.

Instead of building or fixing my gaming PC I decided to go with a more mobile choice and picked up an HP laptop (G7 series) (upgraded to 8GB memory) which was a decent laptop back in 2010 - strictly for work purposes (FTP, Photoshop,text, email etc...)

Basically I gave up the gamer aspect of my life to focus on more important things such as my family and work and if there's time at the end of the day then I'll turn on my XBOX 360 for an hour or so. -IF-

So there's no way I could justify that kind of money just to upgrade to play a game on PC. That's just stupid.

4k TV ($1,000+)
                  Gaming PC ($700 - low end)
                  Roughly $1,700 just to play a video game I already own?

I have more important things I could do with that much money like buy new tires for my Cadillac and fix up my 93 Imperial or even go on a nice vacation again to the beach with my family.

Ontop of that I've been a fan of Rockstar's games ever since the original GTA 1 top down game back in the 90's. They've never had a release as bad as GTA V... Heists were supposed to be released OVER A YEAR AGO, the game is still very buggy and people still abuse all the exploits in the game. Single player is effected from all the glitches they tried to fix on the MP side and the game is STILL 100% exploitable.

I find myself extremely irritated at the end of every session of GTA V Online since it ends up with the same thing... you defeat someone over and over so they resort to their "tank" or run and continuously grab jets for easy kills, sticky bomb your car or use a car that they can't be shot from the rear and back up to you and try to kill you from their vehicle... either that or it's some 7 year old on the mic cussing with their high pitched obnoxious voice. It really makes me just want to play single player or just stop playing which I've seriously contemplated selling my XBOX 360 and my whole collection of games. What's the point?

Pay more money to a business that is just trying to make more money off me from a game which is still broken and incomplete over a year later?

No thanks. Have fun with GTA V (next-gen) @ 4k though I bet it will be sweet!
                  Last edited by Phenom; 11-15-2014, 02:45 PM.
                  QuakeOne.com
                  Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                  Great Quake engine

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    Think I mentioned it on the forums awhile ago a few times that I put aside a lot of my gaming things and focuses.

I actually still have my gaming PC tucked away but in pieces. I stripped it down to find out why it wouldn't get past BIOS POST, turned out the CPU connectors on the motherboard were warped from all the pressure it deals with causing disconnects between the metal leads once the motherboard warmed up and expanded even the tiniest of bit. I just never really got around to fixing it and don't really have a need to.

Instead of building or fixing my gaming PC I decided to go with a more mobile choice and picked up an HP laptop (G7 series) (upgraded to 8GB memory) which was a decent laptop back in 2010 - strictly for work purposes (FTP, Photoshop,text, email etc...)

Basically I gave up the gamer aspect of my life to focus on more important things such as my family and work and if there's time at the end of the day then I'll turn on my XBOX 360 for an hour or so. -IF-

So there's no way I could justify that kind of money just to upgrade to play a game on PC. That's just stupid.

4k TV ($1,000+)
                    Gaming PC ($700 - low end)
                    Roughly $1,700 just to play a video game I already own?

I have more important things I could do with that much money like buy new tires for my Cadillac and fix up my 93 Imperial or even go on a nice vacation again to the beach with my family.

Ontop of that I've been a fan of Rockstar's games ever since the original GTA 1 top down game back in the 90's. They've never had a release as bad as GTA V... Heists were supposed to be released OVER A YEAR AGO, the game is still very buggy and people still abuse all the exploits in the game. Single player is effected from all the glitches they tried to fix on the MP side and the game is STILL 100% exploitable.

I find myself extremely irritated at the end of every session of GTA V Online since it ends up with the same thing... you defeat someone over and over so they resort to their "tank" or run and continuously grab jets for easy kills, sticky bomb your car or use a car that they can't be shot from the rear and back up to you and try to kill you from their vehicle... either that or it's some 7 year old on the mic cussing with their high pitched obnoxious voice. It really makes me just want to play single player or just stop playing which I've seriously contemplated selling my XBOX 360 and my whole collection of games. What's the point?

Pay more money to a business that is just trying to make more money off me from a game which is still broken and incomplete over a year later?

No thanks. Have fun with GTA V (next-gen) @ 4k though I bet it will be sweet!

Not sure where you get off thinking you need a 4k tv? I have a samsung 55" 4k pixel 3D tv but not for a damn game. My laptop will play it just fine in 1080p. As for family life and work I work 10 days on the road with my wife and home for 4 days which i get my10 year old from her mom and i play games when she goes to bed. I dont justify spending the money on high end gaming systems either but as I said in past posts if you can afford it why not have something nice. That is the reason I drive a big rig so I can afford nice things. At the end of the day its worth it aa long as you use it for your hobbies.

Edit: i bought the game GTA V for xbox to get to know the game. The PC release was delayed so it did not end up like GTA IV with bad porting issues and so on. Get a fresh copy of GTA IV and install it on PC and good luck trying to play it. Now do what myself and thousands of others have done and fix it to make it playable. Porting was horrible. Rockstar sent out mass news letters during the release telling us PC gamers it will be well over a year before we see it for PC so they make sure its playable from install without issues. All the exploits and stuff on xbox i could care less about as I really dont like console games anyway.
                    Last edited by wicked_lord; 11-16-2014, 02:10 AM.

Comment

I'm not going to buy it. I think that my friend is going to buy it. I'll come to his house and I'll play it. (I'll have a wonderful time there.) In return, I will help him with his math homework. (Well, at least that's what I said.) Just because I said that I'm going to do something, doesn't mean that I'll really do it.

"Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                        GTA, boring....

saints row is much more fun! <3

100% less seriousness, 100% more absurdness, 200% more fun!
                        [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrOCXTb1JDg]Retro City Rampage Gameplay PC HD - YouTube[/ame]

This seems more absurd.
                        I am like a stray dog, lost in between what I do and what I should do.
                        But sometimes, all you need is Imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by RL Clown View Post
                          I'm not going to buy it. I think that my friend is going to buy it. I'll come to his house and I'll play it. (I'll have a wonderful time there.) In return, I will help him with his math homework. (Well, at least that's what I said.) Just because I said that I'm going to do something, doesn't mean that I'll really do it.

You find this funny or humorous? wow that's a real shit-bag move bro.

Glad to see you hold your friends in high regards!
                          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I love Saints Row too but I'm really looking forward to GTA V on PC. It's going to look amazing!

Comment

1st person view.....
                              [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ1Rb9hC4JY]Aladdin - A Whole New World [High Quality] - YouTube[/ame]
                              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
                              X