Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring back original Quakeone til a polished version of the current site is available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChaosEsqueEd View Post

...are now married to the prophet Muhammed?

(Not a bad thing. Best decision he ever made...)
    If this makes any sense to anyone at all, please explain
    'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

It doesn't make sense, it's a joke.

Comment

The colors of a messageboard change and people act like the world is falling apart.

People REALLY hate the color white these days.

Comment

About colour schemes, people hate me when I show them a Discord screenshot like this:

But they're fine with this:

So, it seems that a temporary, dark theme for QuakeOne would be more okay than this one? xd
          At least it fits the Quake theme more than white.

Comment

Originally posted by Focalor View Post

People REALLY hate the color white these days.

Damn, I'll whistle dixie for that.

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
              I can't just pretend it will all work out cause, I have been here 6.5 years and I know all the shit that never got done. Now I'm looking at a wrecked site with the same promises that lead nowhere in the past. Y'all see a site that will eventually get put back together. I see the beginning (or maybe middle) of the end. It makes me sad and mad cause it doesn't have to be the end.
              Honestly I have to agree here. I've made many websites and themes for websites and continue to do so since around 2006 and if you want to get technical I started really getting into website building in 1994.

One key planning initiative I've learned while building websites in my time is sure, put up the initial site on a production server but ALWAYS have your incremental updates thoroughly tested and production quality before you copy the new files over and your major updates usually are gone over ewith a fine toothed comb and then all important aspects are tested before the transfer.

The theme change is honestly a simple fix, I'm definitely more concerned about years of links built within the site and externally, think of all those 404s. The site has been gutted while it's still alive and is quickly bleeding out now.

I welcome all the upgrades that come along - aslong as they don't do the 2 fatal things that can kill a website and it's community.

1. Alienate it's base members
              2. Destroy it's links (especially if it's an 11 year old site.

Right now it kind of feels like 1.5 of those things are happening.

Solecord - I can help with the theme, also if you choose to move to a different platform that can give you granular control over the URLs to bring them back just PM me I'd be willing to help.

My job gives me a lot of free time and I'm already in the business.

___

Also this option in the poll
              ["It's not critical. I can live with whatever this will hopefully and evenually be."]
              is kind of misleading as if this site's major issues (urls) aren't fixed this site will slip off into oblivion.
              Last edited by Phenom; 08-21-2017, 08:41 PM.
              QuakeOne.com
              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
              Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

just realized that i'd have to completely re-vamp my "the 'definitive' HD replacement content list!" thread: http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-help...t-content-list
                seeing litterallly ALL of the links i added to that thread to link people to all content threads are now ALL broken

goodies.... thats gunna be a fuck-ton of work, to find all those threads again and update the links....
                even worse for links that linked to any specific posts... that will take forever, to find those exact posts again
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

So, it seems that I'm among the lucky ones who came right in time to not get their links screwed up. Darn.

Comment

Originally posted by Admer456 View Post
                    So, it seems that I'm among the lucky ones who came right in time to not get their links screwed up. Darn.
                    More like you got here right in time for the end. If QuakeOne were a party, then you arrived at about 4am when everyone is drunk and passed out, the stripper went home, the beer's all gone, and the TV is playing an old MASH rerun with nobody watching.

This place is averaging like 3 posts a day, projects are on hold, and the older members are sailing off in the sunset.

Comment

Dutch

Oh well, should've been "unlucky". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                      (oh wait, at least the stripper and all the beer is gone, that's good for me xd)

What else could I do? I started mapping for Quake only this year...
                      This happened to me more than once. Coming at a "party when it's too late". Wait a minute, this... this really coincides with one of my old dreams I had. I was invited to a birthday party, and a middle-aged man told me something. Then, when I came to the party, everyone was gone.
                      Haha, what a coincidence! It also coincides with my dream of a giant, cyan moon which shrank to its original size and turned grey again. It was beautiful, then it became tasteless.

I just hope for the best, even though the best probably won't happen. xd

Comment

Originally posted by Admer456 View Post
                        Dutch
                        What else could I do? I started mapping for Quake only this year...
                        Just Keep mapping

This is OT but this site has more pressing issues to worry about right now. - There's people out there who still play and review Quake 1 maps regularly, some of them are even on these forums, some are not. Your work will not be done in vain.

QuakeOne.com
                        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                        Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                        Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Phenom
                          I think I should've used a different tense for what I said...

"What else could've I done?" as in "What could I do at that time?"
                          I couldn't have come to this site earlier because I hadn't started mapping earlier. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post

More like you got here right in time for the end. If QuakeOne were a party, then you arrived at about 4am when everyone is drunk and passed out, the stripper went home, the beer's all gone, and the TV is playing an old MASH rerun with nobody watching.

This place is averaging like 3 posts a day, projects are on hold, and the older members are sailing off in the sunset.
                            SHIIIIIIIIIIIT, I wish Jail was anything like you had described. I assure you, I sailed off, but it wasn't into any sunset. I'm not gone forever, I'll be back. Bet!
                            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post

SHIIIIIIIIIIIT, I wish Jail was anything like you had described. I assure you, I sailed off, but it wasn't into any sunset. I'm not gone forever, I'll be back. Bet!
                              Lol! Sounds good, gonna hold you to it. Good to see ya around mindz, better stay clear of the pen

Comment

So....where are we at on fixing this site? Or is this finally the end? I'm still down to assist in whatever way I can. Whenever I log in it feels like I'm listening to cosmic background radiation.

Comment

Working...
                                X