Live chatbox on quakeone.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live chatbox on quakeone.com

I want to know how many think its a good idea for a live chat box to be visible on mainpage somewhere... so we can all chat it up lively, and get games happening with (active ppl) unlike (idle) ppl on irc.
    Great Idea!
    60.61%
    Bad Idea!
    6.06%
    Its an okay, idea.
    21.21%
    You suck at thought!
    12.12%

The poll is expired.

If its got a server browser in it, I dont see why not, otherwise, it would be a waste of space
    Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

Originally posted by gnounc View Post
      If its got a server browser in it, I dont see why not, otherwise, it would be a waste of space
      Why would it need a server browser in it, there is already one on the website.

O_o?!?!?

Comment

You should have added a "I don't care" in the poll... as I personally don't care.. but I think everybody does not care about what I care or not... though...
        What Does Not Kill You, Makes You Stronger

Comment

I know I don't want to supervise a chatbox. I don't think Solecord does either.

I can't speak for the other moderators, but to me this seems like something that would more supervision than it would be worth a la the Quake1 IRC channel.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Wtfwtwta

Comment

Originally posted by gnounc View Post
              Originally posted by Lerster View Post
              Why would it need a server browser in it, there is already one on the website.

O_o?!?!?
              ^^ Funniest thing I've read today.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

..I honestly forgot that was there
                Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

i'm indifferent. i understand baker's p.o.v. if it happens i'd use it rarely, if it doesn't i certainly won't suffer and i doubt any others would. if a LOT (i'm talking multiple tdm games/servers being played) more gaming was going on it would have a purpose for keeping up with who owns whom. but really, those people with some smack to talk would use irc anyway.
                  "When I was your age, we used to rocket jump all the way to school, up hill both ways - IN BOILING LAVA!"

Comment

Evidently more people would like such a thing, which is kind of interesting... I wonder how the positive vote was distributed among long-time Quakers as opposed to relative noobs.

BTW Baker, why do you think chat ought to be moderated? I assume you'd insert some boilerplate "this is not moderated" etc. & not worry about it, but I could be overlooking some obv. legal issue.

Personally I think I'd prefer the insertion of a web-based IRC client anyway. =)

Comment

lets take a peek at who all is for this...

Alfader, badaim(1), crowpath(2), Lerster(3), metchsteekle(4), Mindf!3ldzX(5), nitro/adminofdeath, powerzord(6), Shok(7), Team Xlink, terminus

i can speak on 7 of those 11 Yay voters. for the most part they're not quake noobs, but they are certified mental noobs. so yeah... there ya have it.
                      "When I was your age, we used to rocket jump all the way to school, up hill both ways - IN BOILING LAVA!"

Comment

Originally posted by oldendirt View Post

Personally I think I'd prefer the insertion of a web-based IRC client anyway. =)
                        as in, a chat client you can enter on this web-site, but is connected to all of irc and has all the same features or more like a dumbed down version where you can only enter the one channel they have hosted on the website? that's interesting though.

Comment

Originally posted by oldendirt View Post
                          BTW Baker, why do you think chat ought to be moderated?
                          Anything with communication has to be moderated (even QuakeOne.com's "anything goes" style of forum). Trolls, spammers, nuisance people, perpetual behavior detrimental to the community, etc.

And anything that has an ongoing existence has a maintenance cost, usually it costs someone's time.

I didn't vote in the IRC poll, nor do I have a preference one way or another. I'm neutral.

I'm just saying that I don't have time to moderate it and I doubt Solecord does either.

Comment

I think its a cool idea. As for the moderation, all you need is chat rules:

*you can't post more than once a second
                            *you can ignore people in the chat
                            *you can ignore the chat altogether

imagechan.com has a decent live chat, as an example

Comment

if need B... kan sirten peeps B bann'd frum teh chatt ?
                              SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
                              THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X