Least Favorite Enemy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Least Favorite Enemy

What is your least favorite monster in Single Player and why? My personal least favorite is the Spawn, since it, y'know, explodes when you kill it.

I say Sp00n, he kills me every time!
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I enjoy Spawn, they're a tactical challenge. Enforcers are my least favourite - their blaster noise gets on my nerves and they're not much more than "generic unvaried base enemy type 2".
      IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

although annoying, spawn arent my least fave either.
        they're annoying as fuck and can be a real challenge to kill if they're jumping all around you. but i kinda like em, its cool that they go boom when they die

actually, i wouldnt know which one would be my least fave. they're all cool and in some weird twisted way they seem to fit perfectly together although they're all so random and have nothing to do with each other
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Gremlin - worst quake mod enemy ever to make it into a mission pack. If it has to be an original Quake monster I would say Dog -pointlessly easy to kill

My favorite would either be Multi-Grenade Ogre or Shalrath
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

In enclosed spaces, Fiends can be a real paaaiinn..

Comment

Ogres are complete bastards.

Comment

Can't say I hate any of the monsters in the original Quake. I hate killing Rotts, I just don't like killing dogs. And I never played much of the mission packs yet, so I don't really know what their monsters are like.

If I had to choose, I'd probably say the Vore / Shalrath. They remind me of the Revenant from Doom II and I always hated their homing missiles. Vores' pods are even worse as they can turn at 90° angles so they can go around corners at times just when you think you're safe...But I still love them at the same time.
                Soundtracks and Instrumentals
                MyMusic | Youtube

Comment

I hate Ogres... (WITH HATE) especially when they have the high ground, dropping grenades on your head; they have the intelligence of a beagle; and... now I'm dead.

Hate that moment.

Comment

The Grunts keep killing me.
                    QuakeOne.com
                    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

People still die in singleplayer?
                      e|------------------------0---------------
                      B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                      G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                      D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                      A|---------------0------------------------
                      E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by foq View Post
                        People still die in singleplayer?
                        My little nephew (he's 5 years old) uses to be defeated by Shamblers, but he's training to fight them

Comment

an ogre, only because on nightmare they pelt you with a seemingly infinite grenade launcher
                          My Avatars!
                          Quake Leagues
                          Quake 1.5!!!
                          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

My least favorite enemy is the rottweiler (is my spelling correct?) Anyways, the rottweiler is the easiest monster to frag. (When something is too easy, it is boring). I don't mean to offend any rottweiler fans, but I'm just answering the question. On the other hand, I think that the rottweiler has a few good qualities...
                            "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

When it comes to vores, the word "hate" doesn't scratch the surface really.

Comment

Working...
                              X