Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should telefragging be abolished from deathmatch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R00k View Post
    Well you learn something new every day I never noticed that before but yes, agreed, and yes that's just plain silly
    The dry ice smoke from the teleporter base effect in Seven's SMC is also very effective. I wonder if the that could be combined with the Star Trek effect ?
    Kind regards

Monty
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

It does happen on accident, but so does a stray rocket kill
      It's a legitimate kill that require timing to do right, and like everything else, just a little bit of luck
      +Rep! I'm going to the top!

Comment

@burns
        yes can totally be done, about the sound.

go to painkeep/sound/player, and copy over the gib sound you want to use over to ID1/sound/player and rename it to gib.wav
        base quake only uses one gib-sound though, so you can only use one of the painkeep gib sounds in standard quake

about the poll, i vote no. telefragging is part of quake, you shouldnt remove this awesome feature from the game just cuz some people got butt-hurt over the fact they got telefragged. dun whine if you do get that, should be more clever and not jump into a portal if you're being chased. but dun cry if you are dumb enough to do so and then get tele-fragged

its like crying to remove weapons from quake cuz you got shot down with a shotgun. you dun cry about that either, do you?
        why not? cuz its part of the game, just like telefragging is

if you dun wanna be telefragged, dun jump through a portal if someone is close behind you
        Last edited by talisa; 02-26-2013, 11:27 AM.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

NEVER!!! Is part of the Multiplayer experience.
          Quake without telefragging wouldnīt be Quake.
          Play Quake isnīt Rocket Science is Rocket Shooting!!!

Comment

Working...
          X