shambler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shambler

Ok much debate has come out of whether the Shambler is a wooly beast or a muscular hulk?
    You Decide!

VS

if u look at the fiend skin,
    the shambler
    it appears to me that the dark areas are skin over bones so to me actually looks like the shambler is some kinda hornless white rhino with major claws!
    Maybe originally the shambler was gonna be like a MEGA fiend....
    FUR
    66.67%
    FLESH
    33.33%
    Last edited by R00k; 12-25-2012, 11:03 PM.
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

shams is huge and wooly

shams isnt some fur-less thing, lol
    never thought he was, fur-less shams looks silly imo.
    Last edited by talisa; 12-26-2012, 05:56 AM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
      shams is huge and wooly

shams isnt some fur-less thing, lol
      never thought he was, fur-less shams looks silly imo.
      I agree with you. The Shambler is a hairy/furry powerhouse.
      "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

I voted "furry" just because I want it to be furry.

But it's not, it's a naked, fleshy, genitalia-less monster. I know this because I'm psychic, and I'm psychic because I'm psychic.

Which is all the evidence psychics typically give...
        ....I should start a poll on how many people believe I'm psychic...

------EDIT-------
        Here is a pictograph of two smilies having sex:

Comment

flesh. i never got the impression it had fur.
          My Avatars!
          Quake Leagues
          Quake 1.5!!!
          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

...I should start a poll on how many people believe I'm psychic...
            Right before I read this line I was thinking "He should make a poll". So, either you psychically knew I would think that or I psychically knew you would write it.

...I know right
            ...Hah
            ...Under the sofa

There I just psychically answered the next 3 things you will think after reading this. If I'm right, then it's me that is the psychic.

-shambler is covered in pixels is what I always thought.
            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Well, the Shambler is supposed to have a shaggy coat according to John Romero. I never understood why people started making him with just skin. I always thought of the Shambler as a vicious alternate version of the Abominable Snow Monster!

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Originally posted by QuakeRoot View Post
                I know this because I'm psychic, and I'm psychic because I'm psychic.
                Can a psychic person do well in mathematics?
                "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Originally posted by LockNLoad View Post
                  Well, the Shambler is supposed to have a shaggy coat according to John Romero. I never understood why people started making him with just skin. I always thought of the Shambler as a vicious alternate version of the Abominable Snow Monster!
                  if he's a abominable snowman rip off, why are there no winter quake maps? isnt it odd a yeti-like creature would be found in a HELL-LIKE dimension , with lava?
                  My Avatars!
                  Quake Leagues
                  Quake 1.5!!!
                  Definitive HD Quake

Comment

No, I never said he was a rip off..he just reminds me of him lol. There are plenty of snow theme maps out there also.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

well, to simplify, why would he have fur? it would be much cooler (temp wise) to have skin so he doesn't burn up.
                      My Avatars!
                      Quake Leagues
                      Quake 1.5!!!
                      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by LockNLoad View Post

At this point in my life.... I'm quite certain I am not this man's bitch. Therefore everything he says is a lie.

I Am Not a Bitch * Diakatana + John Romero's lies = Shambler isn't fluffly

Comment

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
                          well, to simplify, why would he have fur? it would be much cooler (temp wise) to have skin so he doesn't burn up.
                          Well he has shaggy coat, because it was id Software's intent. Enough said. I think we all saw enough bare skinned monsters following up the release of Quake anyways.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Plus, you can't explain Quake. If you find it odd for a yeti-like creature to be in a hellish environment with lava..well consider the game itself! A lot of things don't quite make sense in Quake and that is what makes it intriguing to this day. There is no official storyline to really explain everything. Hell, we don't even know what outside temperature is. We just know the game is completely awesome.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

I've never been too sure how the "furry" Shambler fits in to a world of molten lava, bubbling slime pits and so on. There was a novel take on this which you could see in a fairly detailed piccy on here some time ago that had a Fleshy, rather than furry, Shambler where you can almost make out every sinew. I'm not saying one is better than the other but it looked really interesting IMHO. I'm not sure if the following was the exact piccy as it seems a little too "shiny" compared to the one I was thinking of but you get the idea...

I also spotted this one from my good friend Seven which although it has some fur, it doesn't have that afro /cousin it / spent 20 mins in the tumble dryer / Slash from GNR look ...

Food for thought maybe

Kind regards (...and a very happy new year to you all)

Monty
                              Last edited by Mr.Burns; 12-27-2012, 08:53 AM.
                              Mr.Burns
                              "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                              WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                              Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Working...
                              X