Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the 'definitive' HD replacement content list!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @pehi
    yes you need a progs.dat which has both of those mods.

quake only allows hard-modding, not softmodding like zdoom.
    aka you can only load one modified progs.dat at the same time, and a progs.dat contains ALL modifications to the game.

so if you want those two mods you will have to combine the code from both of them

you can find the QC for the particle flames in seven's small mod compilation
    he included the source QC with his mod

and the nail-position fix from seven includes the source QC: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...ion-packs.html

which files you must modify i cant help you with
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Love the mod! I really do. Only thing I would ask, and I mean nothing by this, I just prefer the original sounds, but is there a way to have the HD textures with the original sounds? I totally mean no disrespect, as I know that a cubic !@#$ ton of work went into this.

Comment

• It is possible, you have to:
        - find the proper .pk3 file, that modifies the sounds, when you can either:
        a) delete it;
        b) rename it to .zip and delete only the sounds you don't want to use;

Comment

• Excellent stuff, some of the links are broken like rouhis's weapons and a few other things. I could probably get the nexus to add a quake section and then stuff would stop being lost etc if anyone would use it.

OoPpEe fixed the muzzle flash sprites some years ago for plague's weapons. It would be awesome of the muzzle flash fixes could be added to the SMC QD shader versions. I don't know how to work with mdl's at all yet or I would give it a try myself.

Here is the file Plagues Weapons for DP

Does anyone still have inkub0's teleporter which is red+stars? The links are broken.

Quake really needs a mod manager...
          Last edited by Roy Batty; 12-29-2015, 04:33 AM.
          Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

• links in roy's thread for music-packs were all broken.

roy has re-uploaded all of his music-packs to mediafire,
            ive added links to the re-uploads of all packs to the list
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• one of these days im going to get an extra hard drive and back up all of the content on this thread. its a terrible state of affairs when links go bad for no good reason.
              My Avatars!
              Quake Leagues
              Quake 1.5!!!
              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• i have pretty much everything linked in this thread on my HDD myself

but of course if people dont tell me when links go bad i wont know
                so make sure to let me know if any links expire, so that i can create mirrors for the files on my dropbox

quaketastic is a good place for creators of quake-stuff to upload their files to: Quaketastic
                that site was specially made to be a host for any and all quake-content

Comment

• someone notified that the link of inkub0's RTlights for ROGUE/MP2 DoE were broken

so ive made a dropbox mirror of the file, which i added link to to the thread

Comment

• A few posts Roy Batty mentioned plague's pack for DP. In that direction I'm using plague's pack, but the one without muzzle flashes, and the texture for v_rock are done by PrimevaL, but they differ from the default ones, I tried replacing them with the default ones, but the lighting (_gloss and _norm) is kinda messed up (when compared to the v_rock2), is there the default plague texture, but with fixed lighting and no muzzle flash?

Comment

• Ogre &amp; Shambler Dance

Ogre and Shambler Dance models.

https://tomeofpreach.wordpress.com/c...els/creatures/
                      Attached Files

Comment

• [QUOTE=talisa;147042]

want even more fancy for your maps? how about reflections for glass and some animations for tech-textures like blinking lights?
                        WebAngel has made a great addon for QRP which adds this, and more!
                        http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...-overload.html[QUOTE]

Going through starting over fresh with all the updates my old dark places install was a mess.

So far got SMC, Mutli-model+skin, weather and additional effects working.
                        Customized the config a bit
                        I got the DP Pretty water as well as a separate download, don't know if that was needed but the water wasn't there maybe it was just the config that needed editing.
                        QRP+Normals

The above link is down though? Is this still needed or is it included?

The new build is actually running a bit better on my rig than before though.

Comment

• what WebAngel's addon does is make all glass windows have reflections,
                          make stuff like screens on tech-textures also be reflecting, and it adds animations to several tech-textures.

it also adds some additional effects to certain maps, like adding the light-beams to all windows in all maps,
                          and it adds some additional particle-effects to the start-map, as can be seen in the vid in WebAngel's thread

and no, these things are NOT included in the SMC.

thanks for mentioning the broken link. ive made a dropbox mirror of the file:
                          https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9kb3xttdf...rload.zip?dl=0

also added link to the mirror to the first post of thread

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                            what WebAngel's addon does is make all glass windows have reflections,
                            make stuff like screens on tech-textures also be reflecting, and it adds animations to several tech-textures.

it also adds some additional effects to certain maps, like adding the light-beams to all windows in all maps,
                            and it adds some additional particle-effects to the start-map, as can be seen in the vid in WebAngel's thread

and no, these things are NOT included in the SMC.

thanks for mentioning the broken link. ive made a dropbox mirror of the file:
                            https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9kb3xttdf...rload.zip?dl=0

also added link to the mirror to the first post of thread
                            The following links are also down as well;
                            WA's version of the pretty water
                            Inkub0 rt lights 1.3

Going through slowly testing out all the content as I get time, thanks for the re-ups much appreciated.

Comment

• @nickelbawker

on WebAngel's water-shader:
                              just checked, and the second link in webangel's post works fine.
                              use the 2nd link second below the video instead, that one works

on inkub0's RTlights:
                              Inkub0 released a version 2.0 long ago, which is linked at the TOP.
                              I just checked and the mediafire link to inkub0's RTlights 2.0 works fine

be sure to check all links if there are multiple links in a post

Comment

• Ah found them thanks. Didn't see the second download for some reason 1.3 stood out as newer than 1.2 didn't even see 2.0.

Comment

Working...
                                X