Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the 'definitive' HD replacement content list!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood Vengeance's "insomnia HD improved" pack contains a copy of it
    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...-improved.html

or alternately, WebAngel has also made a gorgeous shader for blood:
    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...n-liquids.html
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Thanks!

On an unrelated note, I'm having trouble with Ooppee's barrels. They're looking somewhat offset, hovering above the ground and apparently displaced in the XY plane as well in relation to their hitboxes (so I have to figure out where they really are despite what my eyes are seeing if I want to shoot them). Armors also look weird, with their texture shifted to the side.

Here's what I currently have installed in \id1:
      deluxemaps_id1
      DP-New_Teleport-V1.23_DP-new_Seven
      dpwater_xolveedited-high
      Inkub0-rtlights-2.0
      Lava-W@_2013-05-04 FIXED
      ooppee-barrels-with-shaders
      QRP_DoE_map_textures_add-on_v.1.00
      QRP_DoE_normal_map_textures_add-on_v.1.00
      QRP_health_10and25andRuohis100_textures_plus_norma ls
      QRP_item_textures_v.0.73_dp
      QRP_map_textures_v.1.00
      QRP_normalmap_textures_add-on_v.1.00
      QRP_SoA_map_textures_add-on_v.1.00
      QRP_SoA_normal_map_textures_add-on_v.1.00
      shader-animated-b_boxes-ID1
      Weapons-down_no-norm-bump
      Weapons-equip
      zzz FCZ glossy pack v1.2 id
      Plus the pak file from NightFright's Authentic Model Improvement Collection v1.3, an effectinfo.txt by Seven, a bunch of HD texture packs and RTlights for custom maps, as well as Seven's particlefont.tga in \id1\particles.

What did I do wrong?
      Last edited by Mugwump; 09-25-2016, 05:55 AM.
      ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
      ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

• Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
        dpwater_xolveedited-high
        LOL

Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
        Weapons-down_no-norm-bump
        Weapons-equip

Plus the pak file from NightFright's Authentic Model Improvement Collection v1.3
        Those conflict with each other.
        Authentic Model Collection is also the reason for your armor texture misalignment.

What did I do wrong?
        Hello bfg666,

So you have your explo boxes look like this:

But you want to have them look like this:

I think I talked to you already about it. Put the SMC just for fun into your id1 folder, restart your Quake and see if it is fixed
        You will see that it is...
        The SMC is not only a mod. It fixes almost all original Darkplaces bugs in Quake.
        Read the readme.txt from SMC and you will see what needs to be done to fix your issue.
        Chapter 4.) in the readme is exactly what you are looking for.

Regards,
        Seven

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
          LOL
          Well I installed XOlve's edit because the readme said the slime looked thicker - I find it too transparent in the original DPwater.

Those conflict with each other.
          Authentic Model Collection is also the reason for your armor texture misalignment.
          But I like Ruohi's weapons! And I like NightFright's monster models! My rig is not powerful enough to replace all creatures with hi-poly models and keep a decent framerate, so I figured I'd go with these as they look much better than vanilla. So I should delete the armor and weapons from the AMC pack? What about the ammo and megahealth boxes? I haven't seen anything wrong with these but they're also in the AMC pack.

I think I talked to you already about it.
          I don't remember any specific talk about Ooppee's barrels. About the SMC, yes, but not about the barrels.

Put the SMC just for fun into your id1 folder
          Alright, alright, I hear you! I didn't want to install it just yet because I'm in the middle of beta-testing a whole bunch of RTlights and I didn't feel like delaying things by taking time to install and configure your SMC.
          Last edited by Mugwump; 09-25-2016, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• just added the reworked weapon-models from Dwere(da werecat) to the list
            http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post169248
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
              But I like Ruohi's weapons! And I like NightFright's monster models! My rig is not powerful enough to replace all creatures with hi-poly models and keep a decent framerate, so I figured I'd go with these as they look much better than vanilla.
              Hello bfg666,
              You say that your rig is not powerful enough to use replacement hi-poly models.
              But you are using DP pretty water and realtime lighting.

Let me tell you that those 2 latter ones will reduce your framerate significantly while replacement models will reduce your performance about 0.1%
              I am personally not a fan of high poly replacement monsters, as their animation are all worse than original monsters. I do not speak about capnbubs and Skiffys monsters here (as their animation is great) and their format is .mdl, but the others in .md3 format.

So I should delete the armor and weapons from the AMC pack?
              If you are using 3 different replacement packs which include files with the same model name:
              - weapon up
              - weapon down
              - Authentic Model Collection
              then you have conflicts. Darkplaces fortunately only uses 1 model (see its loading order rules) but when it comes to weapon skins/textures you might get glitches if you do knot know how to handle them.

What about the ammo and megahealth boxes? I haven't seen anything wrong with these but they're also in the AMC pack.
              You are using 2 packs with the same model names:
              - Shader animated bboxes
              - Authentic Model Collection
              You should decide for one or delete the models+textures from the other pack to be sure to avoid issues. For example: There was a guy who used the Rygel compilation + Shader animated bboxes and he had the issues that texture for the wrong model have been used in-game.
              If you are not very experienced with replacement content usage it should be avoided to use multiple models with the same name in .pk3´s or .pak´s or even subfolders.

I don't remember any specific talk about Ooppee's barrels. About the SMC, yes, but not about the barrels.
              No, the issues you are experiencing with the explo boxes is replacement content related. It is independent to the explo boxes and can happen with any replacement. It is an engine cvar setting that the SMC fixes.

Alright, alright, I hear you! I didn't want to install it just yet because I'm in the middle of beta-testing a whole bunch of RTlights and I didn't feel like delaying things by taking time to install and configure your SMC.
              No, you do not need to install the SMC. I only asked you to read SMC´s readme.txt chapter 4.), as it explains exactly the reason for your issue with the explo boxes. You should temporary put the smc (only for testing purpose) into your id1 and restart Quake. Issue will be fixed then. You can then delete it again. Just to show you what the root cause is.
              After reading chapter 4.) you will know that you have to enable some Darkplaces sv_gameplayfix´es to get rid of your explo boxes issue. And those are:
              sv_gameplayfix_upwardvelocityclearsongroundflag "1"
              sv_gameplayfix_setmodelrealbox "1"
              sv_gameplayfix_droptofloorstartsolid "1"
              For your explo boxes issue the middle one is important, but to avoid other issues with falling items out of maps you should use all 3 of them in your autoexec.cfg.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope now I could express myself more clear now.

Best wishes,
              Seven

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                Let me tell you that those 2 latter ones will reduce your framerate significantly while replacement models will reduce your performance about 0.1%
                That's strange, I experienced the opposite. With RTlights on I don't notice significant frame drops: I test BloodVengeance's RTlights with the frame counter on and I have compared framerates with RTworld on and off. On the other hand, installing hi-poly replacements for all monsters, especially Teamonster's ogre, made my framerate drop to maybe 10 fps max on my first DP install, and often down to 3 or 4 fps only.

You should decide for one or delete the models+textures from the other pack to be sure to avoid issues.
                OK, I'll do that.

No, the issues you are experiencing with the explo boxes is replacement content related. It is independent to the explo boxes and can happen with any replacement. It is an engine cvar setting that the SMC fixes.
                Thanks for clearing that up. It was really not obvious.

but to avoid other issues with falling items out of maps you should use all 3 of them in your autoexec.cfg.
                I did notice when playing the Solarfall map that an armor pickup was missing by comparison to the demo I watched, but I assumed that the demo was played on skill 3 and that the armor was skill-dependent.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope now I could express myself more clear now.
                Don't you worry, your english is really not bad at all. This was all very clear and I understand things much better now.

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain all this.

Cheers!
                Last edited by Mugwump; 09-25-2016, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Is there a HD textures pack with only regular and _luma textures? I need textures without bumpmaps, normalmaps, and so on.

I've found a HD texture pack like this for the ammo boxes, but most of the packs for map textures seems to use bumpmaps and normalmaps.
                  Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
                  ==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                  Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube

Comment

• @Mankrip Why don't you just delete the norms and bumps from the pack that you'd like to use?

Comment

• all QRP texture-packs are split into 2 parts
                      -main pack, with only diffuse and luma
                      -addon pack with normals and gloss-maps

:: Quake Revitalization Project :: Downloads ::

Comment

• Talisa: Thanks.

bfg666: I'm not sure if they're optional, or if the textures will look bad without them.
                        ==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

• Yeah I'm using QRP in a QS install (QS doesn't support bumps and norms) and it looks great. Plus, the QRP textures are faithful to the originals and there are packs for id1, MP1, MP2 and items. IIRC, the latter also includes stuff like conback, conchars and HUD icons.

Comment

• Here's a look at QRP textures in the 8-bit color software renderer I'm developing.

Luma textures still needs some improvement.
                            ==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

• well of course it will look incorrectly if you try to use 32bit textures in an 8bit renderer

there's nothing wrong with the textures

Comment

• Sorry, I meant the _luma texture support in the engine, not the textures themselves.
                                ==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

Working...
                                X