Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the 'definitive' HD replacement content list!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Seven View Post

You guys are really strange.
    Why for the love of God is there a 'Starter Kit' available ?
    It contains more skins that you may think of. Even many skins that are not released elsewhere !! Blood Vengeance says he is using the smc and is asking for various files in various other threads which are all in there...
    You guys should look more thoroughly into things that you download.

That ogre boss is in the Starter Kit v3.80, v3.81 and v4.15.
    click me and scroll down that post. Read more details about it in the readme.txt
    Many times I search........but always on wrong thread
    Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• Talisa, I am looking for g weapon models of these obscure Rouhis weapons from your quad compatibility picture. Here it is:

http://i.imgur.com/4U80e0Q.png

Do you know if they exist, and where they are found? Any insight would be appreciated.
      Steel Sentinels remake project developer since 2012.

Comment

• @pringles
        those v_models which i upgraded to make them compatible with the Q3quad effect are not 'obscure' at all,
        they are the weapons by ruohis that are linked at the bottom of the first post of the thread

you will also find a link to g_models of the same weapons there

sorry for the extremely late response, but ive been quite busy with non-quake stuff and havent really done anything quake-related lately
        Last edited by talisa; 07-17-2015, 09:56 PM.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Actually, those models you link in your post are different from the ones used in the pic. The ones in the pic have a much higher resolution for their textures, different texture mapping, different models entirely for the rocket launcher and SNG, and have different textures. I'm looking for g_ models of THOSE weapons specifically in the pic. The yellow grenade launcher, not the black one with the red thing in the barrel. The fat SNG, not the one with skinny long barrels. You get the idea.

So the question still stands: do they exist? Still looking for them.

Comment

• just addded the shotgun remix from OriOn and PrimeviL,
            which i completely forgot to add to the list!

and i also added the supershotgun remix that trickle a week ago
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
              just addded the shotgun remix from OriOn and PrimeviL,
              which i completely forgot to add to the list!

and i also added the supershotgun remix that trickle a week ago
              You also forgot Teleporters.biosuits,windows and alt weapon sounds.I would love to up my junk to your folder but it is a bit heavey,at 18 gigs just for the textures folder.I just do not have the time.srry
              WARNING
              May be too intense for some viewers.
              Stress Relief Device
              ....BANG HEAD HERE....
              ---------------------------
              .--------------------------

Comment

• @bluntz

teleporters are already in the list, 4th entry below 'MAPS/WORLD'

alternate sound-packs are also already in the list, at the bottom at 'MISC'

windows? are you talking about webangels windows for ROGUE?
                if so, i didnt list those because she included them in her rogue HD texture-pack which is already listed.

@arkon
                i am not aware of any HD textures for biosuit,
                but ruohis made an highpoly biosuit, which is included in his objects-pack.

but the model is md3 and i have no clue on what formats directQ supports as i exclusively use darkplaces myself

Comment

• just added Henry's kleshik-inspired CSQC hud to the list
                  http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...tml#post160208

Comment

• DAMN SON, I never realized that this HUD was available outside of Kleshik. Excellence find Talisa!!!!!

Comment

• @pringles man
                      welll it wasnt before, henry only made that hud a week ago

so.... the hud wasnt available outside kleshik untill very recently

Comment

• lmao, sorry, I just found that out by clicking the link. Thought it was an ancient relic left over from the Kleshik era. Still a good find considering how easily everything gets lost around here

Comment

• Originally posted by Pringles Man View Post
                          ....considering how easily everything gets lost around here
                          thats exactly why i made this thread, so that stuff doesnt get lost
                          and everybody can easily find stuff like this

Comment

• I like Ruohis tarbaby a lot, but I've noticed a problem: there is no head model inside the archive. Do I have an incomplete version or head model is missing in all releases. If it's missing in all releases, it saddens me a lot because I think it's the best scrag model.
                            Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• Ruohis always includes head gibs with his work.
                              You mention "tarbaby" and then "scrag" in your post. Did you mix up somehting?
                              The tarbaby explodes. So it has no head gib.

If you meant the scrag, you seem to have an imcomplete version.

This is Ruohis scrag:

Comment

• aye, what henry said.

if you have ruohis scrag but dont have a head-gib, you must check if you perhaps have an old version and if so update to the latest version

and tarbaby doesnt have a head-gib indeed. its a blob of slime that explodes, it doesnt leave anything behind when it does and its not gibbable

Comment

Working...
                                X