Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the 'definitive' HD replacement content list!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my guess would be that seven meant he found the different-colored skins on gamebanana,
    because that model is indeed just the TF2 'the original' rocketlauncher model.

anyone who owns TF2 could easily convert the model for use in quake themselves:

-use noesis to convert the RL model to a dae (grab noesis here)
    -import the dae that noesis spit out into blender
    -animate it to make it have the same animations as the original ID1 RL (original ID1 model can be imported with this plugin)
    -export the animated model as an md3 (md3 exporter for blender)
    -manually rename file-extension to mdl and drop model into ID1/progs and textures into ID/textures

either way, fact remains that the model is copyright to valve and thus cannot shared publically.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hello Mirrorman95,

How many years do we know each other ?
      I remember the time when we had closer contact and you helped to develop and playtested the small mod I am working on. Unfortunately you have become quiet in this forum since 1 year.
      But it is good that you broke your silence and are willing to make your hands dirty.
      You are an experienced Quaker and surely will be able to mod this little file. It is a nice opportunity to learn something instead of easy "click & download"-mentality like most of the people here. Things make even more fun when you did them by yourself, so...

Your bet is exactly correct. As I wrote, the model and different skins are available for download from there. But you said that you already have all files on your harddisc, so it might be easier to just copy them out of your game installation folder.

Anyway, the workchain described by talisa is not perfect but it will bring you close.
      You will need some more tools but one step after the other.
      Do not forget, if you get/feel lost there is this forum-feature called "pm". So make use of it.
      In one way or the other you will get your desired model. I promise.

Are you ready to make your hands dirty ?
      Then lets start.

Happy modding,
      Seven

Comment

• Long Reply

I was just asking because I thought it would be simple/mindless and fun to try it out for a bit, but I don't want it in Quake that badly, because Ruohis's Rocket Launcher model is almost just as good. His models have always been my favorite go-to for Quake mods, so I don't really see the point of going through the modding chain. If I wanted to play with that Rocket Launcher that badly, I'd play it on TF2. Thanks anyway, though.
        While I still stockpile Quake mods when I can, I haven't played Quake in months, except for rewatching a few scenes from The Seal of Nehahra, mainly because I've been busy with mods of other games like Deus Ex Revision. While I try to always download all the best mods for all the Doom, Quake, Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls, and Half-Life games that I can, Deus Ex is pretty much the only classic game I've ever been willing to go knee-deep in the code to mod.
        I haven't posted on the site for so long because all the best major Quake mods in the past year have mainly been Blood Vengeance and Talisa's HD map textures, as well as Arcane Dimensions and the 1.5 Weapons pack, and they are all largely plug-and-play. Though on occasion, it is hard to keep track of which HD map mods are the newer ones because there are so many, so I guess I probably should have mentioned something to Talisa asking about the chronological organization of the HD textures post.

Comment

• I've downloaded ruohis's ammo+medkits pack but they look dark: is it normal?

Attached Files

Comment

• Yeah thats how they're supposed to look.
            The area they're in is dark, so the boxes become darker with the lighting.

Unlike the original ammo-boxes from ID, replacement ammo-boxes are NOT fullbright
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
              Yeah thats how they're supposed to look.
              The area they're in is dark, so the boxes become darker with the lighting.

Unlike the original ammo-boxes from ID, replacement ammo-boxes are NOT fullbright
              OK then.
              Talisa I've noticed that the links to moondrunk's stuff in the first post are broken, you may want to replace them with the working ones.

Conbacks: http://www.moondrunk.se/files/moondrunk_numbers.zip
              Charsets: http://www.moondrunk.se/files/moondrunk_charsets.zip

Thanks for your work.

Comment

• Hello Judicator,

what talisa wrote is not quite correct.
                In your screenshot you seem to have realtime lighting enabled, as the bboxes are casting shadows. Every bbox will be drawn according to the lighting then. It only depends on the diffuse textures brightness how bright they are in-game. Also "original bboxes from ID" will get dark. It only depends on the light property.

When you turn off realtime lighting every side of a bbox, independent if original or replacement will be lit equally. And Again: It only depends on the textures brightness how bright they are in-game.

That beeing said, you can change this behaviour in DarkPlaces & FTE to your personal likings:
                Make bboxes brighter all the time and indipendent to realtime lighting. Or make them dark all the time and indipendent to realtime lighting.

Example screenshot from Ruohis bbox models in the dark corners of starting point map E1M3. It shows their regular visual and lit visual (achieved by a simpel shader):

Anyhow, you maybe have noticed that Ruohis´ models are not animated. While some original bboxes are. You can bypass all of the "brightness" trouble from above and even have them animated when you are using this bbox compilation.
                It uses the same models as base and was developed to fix exactly those issues.

There are of course also many other HD bbox models available that are not listed in this thread if you want to try others as well....

Have fun,
                Seven

Comment

• Originally posted by Judicator View Post
                  OK then.
                  Talisa I've noticed that the links to moondrunk's stuff in the first post are broken, you may want to replace them with the working ones.

Conbacks: http://www.moondrunk.se/files/moondrunk_numbers.zip
                  Charsets: http://www.moondrunk.se/files/moondrunk_charsets.zip

Thanks for your work.
                  Currently on vacation till thursday.

I'll look at making dropbox mirror when I return home thursday.

@seven

I am aware I might not have everything listed in this thread,
                  But ive already bumped the character-limit twice

to be able to add even more to the list I would have to go about splitting the ID1 list
                  over into A third post to be able to add even more stuff Like the models from your "this and that" thread

Ill look into doing that when im Back home and are able to be on A computer again
                  Currently on A tablet and the keyboard and functionality from this thing isnt good enough to do that

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                    Hello Judicator,

what talisa wrote is not quite correct.
                    In your screenshot you seem to have realtime lighting enabled, as the bboxes are casting shadows. Every bbox will be drawn according to the lighting then. It only depends on the diffuse textures brightness how bright they are in-game. Also "original bboxes from ID" will get dark. It only depends on the light property.

When you turn off realtime lighting every side of a bbox, independent if original or replacement will be lit equally. And Again: It only depends on the textures brightness how bright they are in-game.

That beeing said, you can change this behaviour in DarkPlaces & FTE to your personal likings:
                    Make bboxes brighter all the time and indipendent to realtime lighting. Or make them dark all the time and indipendent to realtime lighting.

Example screenshot from Ruohis bbox models in the dark corners of starting point map E1M3. It shows their regular visual and lit visual (achieved by a simpel shader):

Anyhow, you maybe have noticed that Ruohis´ models are not animated. While some original bboxes are. You can bypass all of the "brightness" trouble from above and even have them animated when you are using this bbox compilation.
                    It uses the same models as base and was developed to fix exactly those issues.

There are of course also many other HD bbox models available that are not listed in this thread if you want to try others as well....

Have fun,
                    Seven
                    Hello Seven and thank you for the useful infos. Yes RT lighting is enabled (Romi's rtlights file for Quake from DP site), I'm still trying to get DP modded to my liking so is an ongoing process which I'm relatively new at so is likely that I'm going to try more models and stuff like the ones you are referring to along the way.

Comment

• ive just edited the list for ID1 to add more stuff that seven linked
                      in his 'this and that' thread to the list so it can be found more easily

@judicator

i looked and im afraid i dont have a copy if the numbers & charsets by moondrunk

if someone here happens to have a copy of them,
                      please throw them my way in a PM and ill create a dropbox mirror for them

Comment

ive just edited the list for ID1 to add more stuff that seven linked
                        in his 'this and that' thread to the list so it can be found more easily

@judicator

i looked and im afraid i dont have a copy if the numbers & charsets by moondrunk

if someone here happens to have a copy of them,
                        please throw them my way in a PM and ill create a dropbox mirror for them
                        Why don't you get them from MD's Site?

Comment

• @judicator

oooh... i thought the links that you posted were the broken links.

i didnt realize that you were giving me the updated links in your post

anyway, thanx again for pointing out those links,
                          ive updated the links with the new ones

Comment

@judicator

oooh... i thought the links that you posted were the broken links.

i didnt realize that you were giving me the updated links in your post

anyway, thanx again for pointing out those links,
                            ive updated the links with the new ones
                            You are welcome.

Comment

• just addded the skies, hud icons for makke's armor, and plaque's by phineas to the list:
                              http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tribution.html

Comment

• Hey Talisa, I was looking for DP-Pretty Blood but the link on the mod's page has been removed by IronWarfare and I don't see it here either. Do I have a chance of getting lucky?
                                ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                                ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Working...
                                X