Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the 'definitive' HD replacement content list!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question about cubemaps:

What exactly are they? Files allowing for additional lighting/shadowing coming from certain textures such as the windows/grates?

Are there any additional cubemaps that I should be downloading or including in my high-resolution set? I know inkub0's rtlights have some cubemaps in them. Not sure if there are any additional ones anywhere that I haven't seen.
    Last edited by Lucifex; 11-01-2016, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• a cubemap is a set of 6 textures that define the logical faces of a cube. basically the same idea as skyboxes.
      they're really useful for projections on realtime lights, but they can also be used for other things like pre-rendered reflections or other things where 3d directions are important regardless of distance.

in terms of realtime lights, they're projected according to a cube orientated with the forward+right+up vectors of whatever entity that the light is attached to.
      use an entity with a dynamic rtlight with a cubemap, and you can give that entity an avelocity or whatever and have the light spin at some rate (eg: a soft circle on the +/- x faces), and you have some spinning warning lights.
      Some Game Thing

Comment

• in the case of inkub0's RTlights, the cube-maps included are used to make certain lights cast a very specific shape of shadow/light,
        something which otherwise wouldnt be possibly due to the simplicity of the structure's of quake's maps

like for example right here in the start-map, a cubemap is used to make a fake shadow of the frame of the stained-glass window be cast onto the floor
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• The Reflecting Overload thread is closed so I can't respond there, but even the "fixed" version of the script needs another fix.

^7scripts/Reflecting_overload_DP_2016_fixed.shader parsing error - expected "{", found "textures/beam4s"

Looks like you need to delete the bracket on line 649.

Some of the downloads are broken:

* Some of the teleporter downloads
          * Several of the skies downloads (including Moon[Drunk]'s & jeank's Mix)
          * Ranger HUD Face

Since most of these mods are hosted on free file sharing sites that expire, can we get them moved to another site like the DP site or QuakeAddicted?

Lastly, I downloaded most of these yesterday. I was extracting all the .pk3 files looking for file conflicts, looking at textures and deciding which to use, etc. In the end I also had a script named zombie_Trinity.shader broken. I don't know where it came from or how to fix it. Does anyone know where that came from?

Thanks!

Comment

• sounds like the DP build you are using might be buggy

try using the DP build linked at the top of this thread instead

also, thanx for mentioning the broken links... ill see about creating a dropbox mirror for them later...
            once i found out where on my hard-drive those particular files might be
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• just created a dropbox mirror for the hud by andehx,
              and i uploaded any skies and teleporters that i had and i added links to dropbox folders with them

sorry if not all skies and teleporters are mirrored, i might not have every single one myself.
              but i uploaded all the ones that i could find on my HDD

thanx again for mentioning the broken links enderandrew
              Last edited by talisa; 01-04-2017, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                sounds like the DP build you are using might be buggy

try using the DP build linked at the top of this thread instead
                I'm not sure it is the DP build (I'm using the latest dev build from today) but I'll try to find an older build. But for this error:

^7scripts/Reflecting_overload_DP_2016_fixed.shader parsing error - expected "{", found "textures/beam4s"

It does look there is an extra bracket causing the error in the script. I used the bracket matching/finding in Notepad++ to verify there appears to be an extra one.

Comment

• oh ok... i dont use the lightbeams myself so thats perhaps why i never saw the error?

EDIT: i removed the accidential extra bracket from the shader,
                  and replaced the link with updated shader with the fixed version
                  Last edited by talisa; 01-04-2017, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• Can someone please reupload Seven's Knight/Hell Knight replacements from here?

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...lacements.html

Comment

• sure, here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1r1e8pk5zm...odels.zip?dl=0

the hellknight model is also already in the 'small mod compilation' as an additional monster though (the WarLord)

Comment

• So I've been trying out various textures and models. I've also been making use of SMC's multiskin feature to have variations of monsters with different models/textures at once.

I've got this zombie texture downloaded, but I'm not seeing a matching head for it. I don't recall where I found it. Can someone help me out?

Last edited by enderandrew; 01-16-2017, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• thats the reforged zombie, which is also included in the 'Starter Kit - multiskin+multimodel'

reforged did make a head-gib texture to go with their zombie. so if you're not seeing a matching head-gib,
                          check taht you dont have any other textures for the zombie that might override the head-gib texture from reforged

a good tip btw is to try out the starters kit which is included in the '00 Multiskin + Multimodel ID1 files' folder inside the rar from SMC
                          and you could pick which skins from there you want and which not, and use it as a base.

alternately, you can find lots of ready-to-use pk3's for use with SMC's multi-skin/multi-model feature
                          right here: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...sters-smc.html
                          and here: http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...sters-smc.html
                          Last edited by talisa; 01-25-2017, 02:29 AM.

Comment

• That looks different from what I'm seeing in the Reforged Bestiary. SMC's '00 Multiskin + Multimodel ID1 files' folder has the same one I'm seeing in the Reforged Bestiary download. That one has a head.

http://quakeone.com/reforged/zombie.html

Though overall, it looks like a reworked version of the Reforged Zombie, so I can probably use that as a basis to make a matching head.

Comment

• thats the exact same zombie-skin as in the page you linked

reforged also has an alternate skin further down the page though.

but the skin you posted is the standard reforged zombie skin
                              Last edited by talisa; 01-25-2017, 02:29 AM.

Comment

• -UPDATE-

just added a link to BloodVengeance's thread with HD content for
                                Abyss of Pandemonium, the 3rd (unofficial) Mission-Pack

so that those who also enjoy the 3rd unofficial mission-pack
                                and would like to also play it in HD can easily find BV's pack

Comment

Working...
                                X