Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the 'definitive' HD replacement content list!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone put together a series of skyboxes that fit each level in the main campaign the mission packs, with .ent file entries to load the respective skybox in levels you can see the sky?

Comment

• Here's my ammo/health/explosion box HD texture pack.

It's a remix of QRP textures and ezepov's textures, with many small details edited and corrected, plus _luma textures for all of them (I've created new lumas for textures that didn't have any), so they're visible in the dark (when using engines that lights external BSP models properly).
      Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
      ==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
      Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube

Comment

• ive added them to the list, mankrip
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
          OoPpEe has also made a great replacement for the laser-blast from the enforcer
          http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...odel-skin.html
          Rapidshare is dead I believe so the links for that are dead. Can someone re-upload? And I can't post in that thread since threads auto-lock.

Comment

• oh another dead link?

ive made a dropbox mirror for the laser:
            https://www.dropbox.com/s/0azg03cj6m...laser.pk3?dl=0

thanx for mentioning the broken link
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• just added Quadrocket's HD skin for capnbubs' dog,
              which i just realized i completely forgot to add to the list

Comment

• just added the skins i made for ruohis' tarbaby/spawn that i created a few days ago

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...-now-eyes.html

i added link to the thread to both ID1 and ROGUE lists

Comment

• The QRP HD textures pack seems to be missing the "wswamp2_4" texture.
                  Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
                  ==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                  Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube

Comment

• that would be something you'd best take up with moondrunk or my-key,
                    who are the two awesome people that made the QRP together

this thread is just for listing all available HD stuff for convenience and archiving

Comment

• Been quite a damn long time, not sure who still regularly browses these forums.

Funny seeing you still here Talisa, I was messing around with your nail fix yesterday. Thanks for making this threat, I have a question though; is there any .BSP to .MDL mods for all of Quake's "box" models, like the pickup boxes and exploding boxes. This is purely for full bright. Thanks!

Comment

• @lava grunt
                        hmmm.... not that i am aware of

Comment

• Seven's update fix for reflections overload, how do you install that fix?

There's also the Rygels texture packs and a few mods of it. I haven't gone through it but it has some more grungy textures although the detail may not make them look as good as QRP to some when repeated. I've noticed watching it being used on youtube.

Pretty sure FCZ glossy has some issues on dp 2016 as well now
                          Last edited by Nickelbawker; 04-30-2017, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• @nickelbawker

regarding the reflection_overload fix by seven:
                            drop the shader file in the zip into the 'scripts' folder inside your ID1 folder and rename it to z_wa_Textures.shader

that way it will override the original shader

regarding rygel's pack not being listed, theres a very simple reason for that:
                            rygel's pack is just another (really old & outdated) compilation of stuff that was gathered from right here from quakeone.

so everything included in rygel's pack is already in the list

and the 'more grungy' textures you mention are just upscaled QRP textures with a cheap filter added over them

Comment

• Link down

The link for the Explosives Pack is down, for me at least. 2shared.com comes up with a link error.

Comment

• just checked to confirm the link is indeed no longer working.

just created a dropbox mirror: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b1ksjalc6f...k_1.1.rar?dl=0

also added link to new dropbox mirror below the link to my-key's thread

Comment

Working...
                                X