Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the 'definitive' HD replacement content list!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you tested the FCZ glossy on mission 1 type stages using the dark places you have linked? I'm getting a lot of missing textures with it in any given load order.

Comment

• its possible that FCZ's shaders are borked too i guess?

i wouldnt know, i havent played hipnotic in ages myself so i wouldnt have noticed.

frankly rarely play hypnotic cuz i dont really for the base-theme myself
      and the entire first episode of hynptic is base, base, base and more base.

ill check it out some time soon though.

my guess would be that FCZ's shaders might have the same double lightmap error in them
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Didn't check on hipnotic just the base stages in ID1 haven't tested MP1 or 2 yet still testing ID1 for now. The stages with a lot of yellow if I happen to have accidentally named something out of hipnotic.

Comment

• The best Graphic mod for the first Quake

Comment

• since the QRP website has been down for nearly 2weeks now,
            i've added a linksto each post to a folder which contains all QRP texture-packs
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• QRP's website is back up, so the google drive links have been removed

Comment

• the vbulletin update from a few weeks ago broke all links, so ill be updating all links in my posts....

just updated the post of "MissionPack2 : Dissolution of Eternity" to replace all links in the post so they work again.

will try to also update the ID1 and hipnotic posts as soon as possible too.

just be patient, will take a while cuz i have to find each of the linked threads and posts again

EDIT: just also updated the "Mission-Pack1: Scourge of Armagon" post to replace all links with new working links
                now only the regular quake list remains, which is longer and has more links than both mission-packs together
                Last edited by talisa; 08-22-2017, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• post1 of the 3-part list with items for regular quake has been updated to replace broken links with working ones

Comment

• Have thanks for repairing them! I assume you will do the same for the other posts over time, so thanks in advance for that too :-)
                    I once was a Ranger like you. But then i took a rocket to the knee.
                    My little gore mod : http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...76473-gore-mod

Comment

• yeah the second and third post for regular quake will be updated soon as well

it just takes some time to find each threads and each specific post again and replace each link

luckily with most items in the list i remember exactly who made the item in question,
                      so i can just open their profile and look through the list of threads that the person started,
                      which greatly helps in making the whole process of replacing all of the links quicker

but even with that its still a fuck-ton of work and a huge pita to find each thread and replace the links,
                      and it doesnt help to much when searching for a specific post, that still requires painstakingly browsing through a thread
                      Last edited by talisa; 08-25-2017, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• just updated the second post of the list for regular quake to replace all broken links with working ones

EDIT: just also updated the 3rd post in the list for regular quake! now all links to threads are fixed
                        Last edited by talisa; 08-26-2017, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• after seeing someone making a thread to ask for VISed maps,
                          i realized i never added a link to the VISed maps for quake and its mission-packs

so i added link to the VISed maps that are also linked in seven's DP-pretty_water thread to the list

Comment

• Hi talisa,it's been awhile since,I have set up quake with all the bells,and whistles, so to speak,but,I was wondering what DP engine version do you recommend,or do I,use the the version from 2016 that you linked to on the first page?and also where can,I download Webangel´s pack with dp_waterscroll usage
                            - Smith´s variation? the links seem to be broken.Thanks

Comment

• i would personally recommend the 2017-08-29th DP build. this is the last version taht i personally tested that seems to be bug-free

64bit version - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JTE...ew?usp=sharing

32bit version - https://drive.google.com/file/d/193O...ew?usp=sharing

i dont really play quake as much nowadays as i got quite busy with toher stuff and dont really get around to playing quake much anymore.
                              the one i recommended is the last one i got around to testing myself. i didnt get around to testing any newer builds than the 2017-08-29th DP build

seven could however probably recommend any newer builds that might work flawlessly
                              seven seems to keep himself more up-to-date in regards to the latest darkplaces builds

regarding the water variation you mentioned:

afraid i dont have a copy of that particular file myself,
                              so i cant help you with that im afraid.....

if anybody does have the particular file mentioned, please either link it here or send a link to me through PMs
                              so that i could create and add a working mirror for the file to the list

Comment

• Thanks talisa for the info,and if you happen on those 2 files,can you please upload them.

Comment

Working...
                                X