Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake 1 Doom 3 weapons

Hello, guys, Priest here

Lurking throught great web i came across some pics of doom 3 weapons with definitely Quake 1 levels & textures. Tried to find em again lately - no good. Still, got few pics and...there is a question - can i have a little chance of finding em or it's just doom 3 mod maybe? Or Photoshop? Look & decide, people

Thank you in advance

im a little mixed up by the way you put it, but are you talking about this?

Shamblers Castle mod for Doom III - Mod DB
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Not exactly...i mean, i saw Doom 3 weapons & HUD IN Quake 1 map. And it surely wasn't my imargination, these pics were real. Here is the example: https://www.google.ru/search?q=quake...wc-1g90NQAM%3A

Comment

that was something done by a past member who went on a rampage and then left quakeone forums
        but not before deleting all of his posts everywhere and taking down all his files.

i dont have the files myself im afraid
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I believe that was SeanStar throwing his usual temper tantrums... a shame, he was making such cool things.
          Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

Well, i suppose all links are lost. Too bad, guys...it was something i really wanted to use.

Comment

i think a weapon mod is easy to code, but the problem is with the copyright infringement
              the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

As a personal project (something that you aren't going to release to the public) then you can, I believe, import md5 (Doom3) models into Blender, modify them if required, then export them as md3 which DP supports.

I have never done this but there is no reason you couldn't at least get the mesh and basic skin in, then either rig or match Quakes original animation frames and export.

DP might even support the normal and spec maps too but I don't know for sure about the formats being used. I am yet to venture that far, myself.
                Username : Atomic Robokid on Steam

Please check out my Quake made things:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/run-over
                https://adam-freeman.itch.io/hazard
                https://adam-freeman.itch.io/diver
                https://adam-freeman.itch.io/beyond

Comment

Yes, that is materials Sean Star made and there would be copyright issues.

Comment

I don't understand all this copyright stuff. Many quake mods uses content from other games, especially content from Hexen2 (Soul of evil/indian summer/unforgiven and more) and Quake 2 (Insomnia) and others. So why these games yes and Doom 3 no? I'm a bit puzzled
                    Make Quake Great Again

Comment

because heretic/hexen is owned by raven software,
                      and the doom IP is currently owned by bethesda?

the heretic/hexen series hasnt had a single game made for 15+ years
                      while a new doom game is currently being worked on by bethesda.

thus making the doom IP a more risky game to take assets from
                      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                        because heretic/hexen is owned by raven software,
                        and the doom IP is currently owned by bethesda?

the heretic/hexen series hasnt had a single game made for 15+ years
                        while a new doom game is currently being worked on by bethesda.

thus making the doom IP a more risky game to take assets from
                        You said Bethesda, you've already told all, sometimes I forgot about the Doom franchise is now in their greedy hands
                        Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Vengeance View Post
                          You said Bethesda, you've already told all, sometimes I forgot about the Doom franchise is now in their greedy hands
                          it's not a question of "greedy hands''. companies are naturally focused on profit. it's not a sin, it's not a greed. it's capitalism and let's not fool ourself that game industry is any different.
                          -
                          on the other hand, we here at quakeone.com are not an industry. everything here is for free. i still remember the disscusion about doom3 assets in q1 mods. personally, i didn't understand the controversy and i still don't. as long as you are not selling mods for real money use whatever you want for all i care. so... yes, using d3 assets in mods is de jure illegal but be reasonable. how does it make any harm to the doom franchise or to the doom licence owners? we should follow law but the law should follow common sense. i know, it's kinda anarchistic view of the world...
                          -
                          jakub
                          my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
                          Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
                          Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

Working...
                          X