Text color in Quake console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text color in Quake console

In the quake console I see both white and orange text, as well as horizontal lines that seem to be created by stringing characters from a special font of text together.

I know that in Q3 one can enter colored text with ^#, where # is some integer. But (how) can I change the color of a string in the Quake console? In particular, I would like the title of the map I am working on to be in two different colors when it is printed to the console on load.

Cut and paste the output of this into your map name may work:

Online Quake Name Maker 4
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
      Cut and paste the output of this into your map name may work:

Online Quake Name Maker 4
      Well, this answers my question of how to get various text colours. I know it indeed works for map names because when I hold Tab the map name shows up in the bottom of the HUD with two colours as expected.

But when the map loads and the map name is printed into the console Quake seems to force all of the characters to orange. This leaves me with the suspicious that printing the map title to the console in two colours is impossible.

Still, at least now I know how text colours work in Quake. Thanks!

Comment

Can't win 'em all, it seems.

Well, you got part of what you wanted at least
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
        X