Got this graphical glitch with Dark Places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got this graphical glitch with Dark Places

I'm experiencing graphical glitches with DP, this video (not mine) explains it all:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFSk9Rnuf98

I use latest DP buidl (Windows 7 64bit version)
    Make Quake Great Again

thats a known darkplaces bug with newer nvidia GPU's,
    which is related to how darkplaces handles RealTime shadows

only way that can be fixed is to poke LordHavoc to update darkplaces engine and fix the bug
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I'm failing to see the glitch. Can somebody explain this to me?

Comment

@izhido
        its the realtime shadows flickering

like this:

those are not artifacts caused by compression from decoding,
        thats also seen during the actual gameplay itself, those glitchy shadows
        Last edited by talisa; 02-17-2016, 08:03 PM.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I've got an Nvidia indeed, i gave Darkplaces to a friend with an ATI and never experienced this glitch. But Darkplaces unfortunately it's not updated anymore
          Make Quake Great Again

Comment

you can always try contacting lordhavoc through his email:
            [email protected]

Comment

Blood Vengeance,
              There are several different ways to get rid of the artifacts even with your hardware.
              We already spoke about it in this forum and I wrote about solutions. Please use the search function of this forum.
              Search for: Blinking artifacts
              You will find what you need there. Read till the end of that thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry View Post
                Blood Vengeance,
                There are several different ways to get rid of the artifacts even with your hardware.
                We already spoke about it in this forum and I wrote about solutions. Please use the search function of this forum.
                Search for: Blinking artifacts
                You will find what you need there. Read till the end of that thread.
                Thanks I'll check it now. Sometimes looking for certain threads is quite hard, I think that important threads like that should be put in Sticky
                Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Working...
                X