Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really good directq stuff

Hi everyone, Priest again

Now i just came across some videos showing really cool textures on Directq engine, which i can't find anywhere or...all links are mostly dead. Look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBRCojuCftQ and tell me, is there a little chance to download such beautiful HUD with ammo placed right to the screen...or q3 ranger face near health bar...or maybe someone still have q3 armor model?

Any suggestions, guys?

Priest777,
    DirectQ is a very underrated Quake engine. Especially here at quakeone.com.
    Main strength: It is fast. It is fast. It is fast.
    It supports almost all of those hd things that are so famous at quakeone.com. If you want your Quake to look like this.

The video you linked shows a pimped DirectQ version.
    There are others as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YihxURC_5HU

If you do not know how to setup your DirectQ to have all those replacements like shown in the clips, I suggest you download a complete DirectQ compilation.
    Everybody in this forum knows those darkplaces compilations, but not many know the DirectQ compilations.

If you want to try some of them. This way, sir: Quake Mini HD Build addon - Mod DB
    If you happen to like some other replacements more, just change the ones from the compilation with the hundreds floating around in this forum. And you are good to go.

And regarding the HUD position. You should look through your ingame options more thoroughly. It is an ingame feature of DirectQ to be able to setup your HUD in different styles. One of them will setup your HUD just like in the clip.

Good luck.

Comment

Owwww, thanks, DUDE!!!! Some really f****** cool stuff here! Any other links like this?

P.S. Have some reputation, bro)

Comment

Niiiice pack! Bonus points for using DirectQ and being a lighter alternative.
        I just have one question: How to enable smoother animations? I couldn't find something like that on the options menu.
        PS: Also, how to activate the music?
        Last edited by LkMax; 02-19-2016, 03:36 PM.

Comment

@ Priest777
          Yes, there are more DirectQ compilations. You can use google to find them.
          There is the one from Attacue, but it contains pak1.pak so I do not link it.
          Anyhow, as I said you can change the content you do not like with all the other replacement stuff you find in this forum by yourself. I am sure you are able to do it.

@ LkMax
          smoother animations:
          Open your directq.cfg and replace the line:
          r_lerpframe "0"
          with:
          r_lerpframe "1"
          I do not know why the person who made the DirectQ compilation disabled the lerpframes cvar. It seems that he wanted to make it more original to dos quake behaviour. But that makes no sense since he adds all the high resolution content.
          Anyhow, change that cvar to have smooth animations.

activate the music:
          The compilation has external music files. If you read the readme.txt you will see that it is not the original soundtrack though. That is why you do not recognize it.
          DirectQ supports mp3 format without additional tools. But you need to install drivers if you want to use ogg format music.
          So use your original soundtrack files in mp3 format or convert them from ogg to mp3 if you do not want to install the drivers.
          There are ready to go Quake soundtrack files in mp3 format. You can download and use them.

Good luck

Comment

Umm, thanks, it worked, and yes, I wanted the original OST but I only had ogg files. I converted them and it works now.

Just one more thing, how do I disable the demos that automatically play on the start menu?
            If at least the cfg file had intuitive parameter names (or even better, more of these options accessible on the in-game menu), I searched for "demo", "replay" and other similar words and found nothing.

Comment

If you want to skip the demos you can add this command to your executable shortcut:
              +menu_main

This will directly start the main menu for you instead of loading demos.

Comment

I had good luck running Q2 weapons on DQ when none of the others would as well as those pimp textures.
                WARNING
                May be too intense for some viewers.
                Stress Relief Device
                ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                ---------------------------
                .--------------------------

Comment

I'm curious about this engine, I'll give a try
                  Make Quake Great Again

Comment

There is so much more than Darkplaces in the universe. Go out and find it

Darkplaces is no longer developed, so you should look for new engines indeed.
                    I am sure you will find the one that suites your needs (even better).

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X