Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake HD Particle Effects

Hello there,

I'm new here and I was searching for a little help.

This forum has been a great source for lots of great stuff for Quake.

Right now I am trying to find the mod that adds nice effects for the power ups. I've seen a lot of Quake videos with that and it looks very cool. However I can't seem to find it.

And a small issue. I am trying to find better torch fires. I have seen that Seven's SMC would contain it, but I'm using a lot of other stuff and would rather not use that pack. I've tried using the effectsinfo.txt from the 5.41 update but that obviously didn't work as expected. Not for the fire anyway.

Can someone help me?

I can't help you directly, cause I mostly deal with faithful style Quake effects, but I know someone who can. Her name is Talisa, she has a thread that she updates regularly with HD stuff, and I'm almost certain she's dealt with particles before, as has Seven (the maker of SMC).

Here's a link to her thread:

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...tent-list.html

Hopefully that helps. I'm sure someone will be along shortly that can help you even more.

Welcome aboard!
    'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

the particle-font and effect-info from seven's 'small mod compilation' can also be used without the SMC

although you obviously wont get certain particle-effects from the SMC
      that use modified QC, like the particle-flames for torches

the SMC does NOT change anything unless you want it too,
      everything in the SMC is easily configurable through the included smc_config.cfg,
      which can be opened and edited with any text-editor.

so if you want you could just disable everything and only have the fancy particle-effects and particle-flames
      and have the rest of the game remain completely unchanged

and the smc does NOT conflict with any stuff you might have, as it does not include any replacement models.
      any optional additional modified weapon-models and monster-skins & models all come in seperate pk3s
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Hello Agent6,

First of all, which Quake engine do you use ?
        The particle effects that you seem to describe can only be realized by Darkplaces & FTE.

Which powerup effects do you mean ? You say that you see a lot of Quake videos about it. Why don’t you link one ?

You mention the SMC and that you are using a lot of other stuff. What exactly are the issues that you encounter ?
        The SMC is a gamecode mod. Nothing more and nothing less. You can only use 1 gamecode mod at a time.
        So, are you already using a gamecode mod (= modified progs.dat) or what is your exact problem ?
        The SMC is an open source mod. You have access to the source code and can therefore copy/paste everything you need to your other mod.

So, if you only want the flames or the powerup effects, you can have them. There is no problem in that. Simply add them into the mod that you are using.
        Be also aware that the SMC is configurable. Some words about it have been mentioned above. So I do not need to repeat them.

If you need further help, feel free to ask.

Good luck,
        Seven

Comment

Agent are you using Quake Epsilon? Lots of people I've met on youtube/facebook encounter problems with SMC, and then they told me they use Epsilon, don't know if this is your case, but IMO compilations should be avoided also for compatibility issues
          Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Working...
          X