Character Creation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character Creation

I've been messing with character creation for a few days now. I would like to state VERY STRONGLY, if you aren't using at least MakeHuman but, more preferably, Manuel Bastioni Lab with MakeHuman Blender Tools you are completely wasting your time. Either way you go, you end up with an already properly rigged, blender-modifiable character mesh with the proper edge flow.

Manuel has numerous examples and tutorials on his website. His website navigation is a little junky. Just note that when you click a link in the navigation bar it will look like the exact same page you were already on. This is because the entire upper content doesn't change. The data that you are expecting to see gets shoved to the bottom of the page (below his "static" data). Terrible website design but, his blender tool is bad-to-the-MFing-ass.

I may eventually write a tutorial on how to take these highish poly models and decimate them properly but, right now it is more important to me to keep working on my game content. I am currently in the process of decimating his Hero1 body type. Maybe I will release my results when I'm done. Don't hold your breath or expect anything though. I'm losing the desire to teach people how to do stuff and give away ready-made content. Anyone disappointed by this only need to ask themself 2 questions. Are you a guest that comes, takes, leaves?* Are you a member that comes, takes, leaves?* If the answer for you is no, I want you to know that I greatly appreciate your support and you are welcome to PM me anytime for help. My blender skills are getting pretty damn advanced.

*not being able to give me reps for my info because you have to spread a bunch around first doesn't count. That is not a "you" problem. That is a poor website design problem. Apparently, doing something about it is impossible because, this issue has been brought up numerous times by various members and nothing ever gets done about it. I find it interesting that I can contribute content freely to an ad driven site and there isn't even a way to give me reps/thumbs up without jumping through hoops. I'm not getting paid for this shit....
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-23-2016, 12:15 PM.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com
Working...
X