Bacvkground Image Using Quake.RC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacvkground Image Using Quake.RC

Is it possible to replace the intro demos with just a still image background using scripts in quake.rc? I've been busting my ass over this for quite some time.
    Steel Sentinels remake project developer since 2012.

Help please.

Comment

Your easiest bet is replacing muh_bad.tga with your image, loading up DM2 and staring at the wall with the muh_bad texture, recording it for 3 minutes to demo1.dem.

There might be another with DarkPlaces, but apparently nobody knows, you may or may not be able to derive a way from http://quaketastic.com/files/Quake1ArcadePack.zip

Or maybe not.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Kinda counterintuitive that Quake supports video files with no problem, but no one really knows anything practical about still images lol. Thanks.

Comment

Couldn't you just turn off the demos in quake.rc and use a different console background? I know QuakeSpasm displays the console background instead of running demos. DP doesn't, though...so it depends what engine you use.
          'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by Pringles Man View Post
            Is it possible to replace the intro demos with just a still image background using scripts in quake.rc? I've been busting my ass over this for quite some time.
            remove demos demo1 demo2 demo3 line form the quake.rc or just // comment it out.

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
            Couldn't you just turn off the demos in quake.rc and use a different console background? I know QuakeSpasm displays the console background instead of running demos. DP doesn't, though...so it depends what engine you use.

yes, you can use a custom conback.lmp ; i believe fimg supports lmp

qrack has gl_conback_image cvar that can be a path to a hi-res file.
            Last edited by R00k; 05-30-2016, 08:21 AM.
            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
            X