gtkradiant 1.5, tag file not found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gtkradiant 1.5, tag file not found

i installed gtkradiant1.5 set it to darkplaces cause that is the engine i am using and i got this error

Unable to find default tag file C:/Program Files (x86)/GtkRadiant 1.5.0/darkplaces.game/shadertags.xml. No tag support.

Not sure what all that means... wondering if anyone has gotten the same error

I figured out the problem

Comment

I get that error every time and forever. Unless you are going to compile a Q3 map it doesn't matter at all (it might not matter even with a Q3 map). Of course you can just make that file and goodbye error.

@darkplaces cause that is the engine you are using - darkplaces.game is used for Q3 mapping, which is quite different than Q1 mapping and compiling. Below is a chunk of the darkplaces.game build menu, which clearly shows it's compiling Q3 maps. The .game folders/files are supposed to reflect actual games. In the case of darkplaces.game this is just a Q3 gamepack with darkplaces specifically stated as the engine. This is evidenced by the fact that darkplaces.game doesn't even come with it's own hmap compiler or a build menu geared towards the hmap compiler.

If you want to make Q1 maps in radiant using the most recent compilers, with a build menu and entities inspector geared to said compilers, use my Virtuoso Radiant (only windows). Your maps will work perfectly fine in DP (and every other engine). If you use this READ THE READ ME. There are 2 or 3 little easy things you need to do. If you don't do them you will be auto running fteqw for everything. I even include fteqw with the download ready to go. This was to force people that don't read read me files to use my favorite engine or conversely allow people that want to use fteqw to not have anything to do... drop and go.

Code:
      <build name="Q3Map2: (test) BSP -meta, -vis, -light -deluxe -fast -filter">
      <command>[q3map2] -meta "[MapFile]"</command>
      <command>[q3map2] -vis -saveprt "[MapFile]"</command>
      <command>[q3map2] -light -deluxe -fast -filter "[MapFile]"</command>
      </build>
      Last edited by MadGypsy; 06-27-2016, 01:15 PM.
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
      X