Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple Quake Launcher - Launch Maps Easily!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Quake Launcher - Launch Maps Easily!

In the hope that due to Quake's 20th birthday there will be an influx of new players or older ones returning home I thought I'd post a thread linking to Simple Quake Launcher.

It's easy to setup, doesn't require any fancy installations and makes accessing a lot of Quake content really simple. Here's the link:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/simplequakelauncher/

For those familiar with ZDL for Doom it's pretty much the same thing but for Quake.

Perhaps some could sticky this thread so that newcomers can see it?

Of course there's also Quake Injector but that not as stable as a simple launcher and is probably the topic for another thread.
    I got the phone call at 4 a.m.

I think you are recommending that only because you didn't know the console commands.

Is it easier to type "-game warpspasm -quoth" or "-game dopa" in a launcher than it is to type "game warpspasm -quoth" or "game dopa" in the Quakespasm console?

If you see what I am saying.

You can do the same thing in DarkPlaces.

Type "gamedir dopa" in the console. DarkPlaces even has a mods menu.

Also in Quakespasm, type "games" in the console and it should list the game folders, if I am remembering the command right.

There is nothing wrong with liking a launcher. I just suspect you might not know these commands, because most people that recommend a launcher in the past don't know about those commands.
    Last edited by Baker; 06-27-2016, 01:37 PM.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
    X