Back to the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the game

Hello all. Played Quake some years ago when it first came out. Decided to download it again from Steam and the game runs well in a Win 7 environment. Problem I am having is the graphics. Years ago I used GL Quake or something of the likes . Been so long I have forgotten. Anyway, what do I need to do to improve the graphics? I remember years ago I did something to make then spot on clear. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

open console, and type gl_texturemode gl_nearest_mipmap_nearest

this will disable the linear filtering and make all the pixels appear crisp like dosquake instead of smoothened like glquake

is that what you were looking for?
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Does the steam version come with an engine or is it only the ID1 folder? I wouldn't know cause I still have my CD from 1996 lol...

What engine are you currently using? You can still get GLQuake somewhere on the web but if you're looking for graphical enhancements there's more options than a person can list. If you like old school and simple try running Quakespasm. Or you can grab FTE or DarkPlaces and customize them to look old school but still have some newer features like better networking protocols.
      'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Yes this the info I was looking for.

Thank You

Comment

Working...
        X