Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mwheelup doesn't work in Quakespasm (Linux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mwheelup doesn't work in Quakespasm (Linux)

I tried to bind mwheelup to "previous weapon" and it says that it is in the Options menu, but in practice it does nothing.

Any help is appreciated.

'previous weapon' depends on the mod. it doesn't exist in version 1.01 of quake (and therefore quite a lot of mods based on that version of the qc). I think it was added with 1.06, but not everyone actually updated to it (including those mods which never added support for it).
    Some Game Thing

Comment

Hi again. I'm not using any mods, and it works in the 64-bit version fine, oddly enough.

Comment

If you look inside your ID1 folder, you will see a file called progs.dat. This is the game logic (QuakeC) and is referenced by the game engine (the executable, i.e. QuakeSpasm, FitzQuake, DarkPlaces, FTE, so on and so forth).

Earlier versions of Quake had progs version 1.01, and did not include a previous weapon command. Later version 1.06 did.

Pretty much all modern engines will show the command in the menu, but this means nothing if the game code doesn't accomodate. Previous weapon command is actually an impulse command (impulse 11 I think? Might be 12). Impulse commands are handled in QC (progs.dat).

What engine are you using? Where did you download your ID1 folder? Is it from a CD from 1996 or from steam?
        'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Working...
        X