Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mugwump
    replied
    Yeah, you should consider signing up there. Func_ is the home for Quake mappers.

Leave a comment:

• davebeats83
    replied
    Originally posted by dumptruck_ds View Post
    Dave are you on func_mssgboard? If not here is the TB thread there. very helpful!

Func_Msgboard: The TrenchBroom Level Editor
    No I am not but thank you for the link! I will check it out.

Leave a comment:

• dumptruck_ds
    replied
    Originally posted by davebeats83 View Post
    Awesome thank you for the information Redfield! As a poster said before that was very clear and easy to understand.
    Dave are you on func_mssgboard? If not here is the TB thread there. very helpful!

Func_Msgboard: The TrenchBroom Level Editor

Leave a comment:

• davebeats83
    replied
    Awesome thank you for the information Redfield! As a poster said before that was very clear and easy to understand.

Leave a comment:

• Dutch
    replied
    The doors can also go in non-cardinal directions in the x-y planes (example: 215 degrees). If you're into maps that aren't totally square, that would be useful.

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    Now that's a very clear and concise explanation. You should write tutorials!

Leave a comment:

• Redfield
    replied
    Draw your door brush. Split the brush where you want the door to be cut. Now turn each brush into a separate func_door. Do not group them as one func_door. You do not need to make them func_plats. Angle -1 makes a door go "up" the z axis. Angle -2 makes it go "down" the z axis. In order to understand the other angles you need to know what direction the doors are facing and will go. Enter an angle of 90. Look at the white direction arrow rendered in the center of the door, it will move. Now change it to 180 and it will move again. This is the direction the door will open to.

The two side by side doors must be touching and seperate func_doors. The angles must be opposite each other, eg 90 and 270 or -1 and -2 to open in the correct directions.

Literally all doors on my map use 0 and 180, 90 and 270 etc as angles. I hope this helps you.

Redfield.

Leave a comment:

• davebeats83
    replied
    How would you make split doors? Thank you for the pointers!

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    make your doors be a func_plat instead of func_door, which allows the doors to open vertically instead

or you could even make doors open in litterally ANY direction by using func_train and only using one path_corner,
    which is how the hypnotic team made the huge diagonally-opening doors in HIP1M3

Leave a comment:

• davebeats83
    started a topic Trenchbroom and doors

Trenchbroom and doors

I know this is probably a simple answer but I am not really finding a simple guide for making doors in trenchbroom. I am make them open to the left and thats about it. How do I make "Doom" style doors? I have read I have to change the angle but when i enter a number into the angle property in TB2 i get doors that move in and out....Thanks for the tips and tricks in advanced!
Working...
X