In game sensitivity problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In game sensitivity problem

For some reason starting yesterday my sensitivity goes crazy during gameplay. The setting itself does not change but it literally becomes 4x faster than it was and I can't aim because I have no feel for that speed.

I have accelleration disabled during games, so I have no idea whats going on. Can anyone help? It seems I have a new problem everyday haha

Change your sensitivity ingame? (sensitivity 10;sensitivity 5;sensitivity 50 <mine>;

you're using the Proquake Launcher correct? Maybe Baker knows of a bug.

Comment

I'll be playing in a clan arena game and all of a sudden my mouse speed moves (it seems like 5x) faster than normal. I don't want my movement to chagne at all during gameplay. The sensitivity is still 7, but it feels like someone kicked on the acceleration hardcore, then i have to shut quake down and reboot it and everything is ok.

Comment

Try turning on Direct Mouse Input (-dinput) and/or setting Force Mouse Params to "No" (-noforceparams).

If either of those are on, try turning them both off.

Direct Input bypasses Windows (in theory eliminating any effects of the settings in Control Panel -> Mouse) and setting Force Mouse Params to off is supposed to ensure that mouse acceleration is off.

Originally posted by Canadian Sniper
        you're using the Proquake Launcher correct? Maybe Baker knows of a bug.
        Sniper, the ProQuake Launcher is a not mythological program, it is a simple front end to set the ProQuake command line. It maintains a log located in C:\quake\prolaunch\launch.log or the equivalent folder.

Necro, you might consider looking at that log and seeing if you have changed your ProQuake command line between now and then. If not, then Quake wouldn't have anything to do with it and it would be more likely related to the control panel or a USB problem.

The log looks like this:

September 18, 2006 - 22:21:05 c:\quake\glpro.exe -width 640 -height 480 -bpp 16 -gamma 0.50 -nocdaudio -iplog -heapsize 32768-zone 1024 +exec boost.cfg +startdemos
        September 19, 2006 - 05:54:13 c:\quake\glpro.exe -width 640 -height 480 -bpp 16 -gamma 0.50 -nocdaudio -iplog -heapsize 32768-zone 1024 +exec boost.cfg +startdemos
        September 19, 2006 - 05:58:20 c:\quake\glpro.exe -width 640 -height 480 -bpp 16 -gamma 0.50 -nocdaudio -iplog -heapsize 32768-zone 1024 +exec boost.cfg +startdemos
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I uninstalled the drivers that I recently installed, and it seems the problem is resolved. I'll just stick with Microsoft's default drivers instead of the Logitech ones.

Thanks guys! Your quick responses make this forum a kick ass place!

Comment

And our common rivalries make it kick even more ass

Comment

Sup Necro , Hopefully soon I'll have my shit worked out , and be back to my LPB self.

We Endorse Kapitol Punishment!
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
              X