This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission Pack 1 and 2 Startup Issues

If you want to use Mission Pack 1 or Mission Pack 2 with a modded engine, the basic command line is as follows:

"c:\quake\glquake.exe" -hipnotic // Mission Pack 1 - Scourge of Armagon
    "c:\quake\glquake.exe" -rogue // Mission Pack 2 - Dissolution of Eternity
    Examples for some other engines:

"c:\quake\glpro.exe" -hipnotic // ProQuake
    "c:\quake\joequake-gl.exe" -hipnotic // JoeQuake
    "c:\quake\fitzquake.exe" -hipnotic // FitzQuake
    "c:\quake\glqrack.exe" -hipnotic // Qrack
    "c:\quake\darkplaces.exe" -hipnotic // DarkPlaces
    Mission Pack 1 and Mission Pack 2 are commercial add-ons for Quake; they are not sold new anywhere (technically abandonware -- I think), but can be purchased used on Ebay.

Ebay Search: Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon

Ebay Search: Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity
    Last edited by Baker; 01-15-2007, 10:41 AM.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

What's the purpose of having the game folder listed twice? Shouldn't it be?...

Code:
    -game hipnotic OR -game rogue
    Also, I've noticed that the expansion packs don't work with QW-only engines like FuhQuake or EZQuake. At one time, there were apparently some files on the FuhQuake forum that made the expansions work properly, but I can't seem to find the files now.

Comment

Originally posted by Brimstone View Post
      What's the purpose of having the game folder listed twice? Shouldn't it be?...

Code:
      -game hipnotic OR -game rogue
      No, that doesn't work properly. Although it appears to work at first -- the startup demos play -- you get missing model messages as soon as you start a single player game.

Also, I've noticed that the expansion packs don't work with QW-only engines like FuhQuake or EZQuake. At one time, there were apparently some files on the FuhQuake forum that made the expansions work properly, but I can't seem to find the files now.
      That applies to the vast majority of mods (it isn't really a mod if it doesn't have custom QuakeC), but it would be nice if someone found the Mission Pack 1/2 stuff for Quakeworld engines. I played on a Quakeworld server once that ran Mission Pack 1.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

http://shub-hub.quaddicted.com/files...ks_qwprogs.zip
        Thanks to Trinca for sending me those.
        Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
          http://shub-hub.quaddicted.com/files...ks_qwprogs.zip
          Thanks to Trinca for sending me those.
          Got another link? The zipfile from Shub-hub seems to be bad.

Comment

Brimstone's right. It doesn't look like the zip is valid.

Comment

Oops. I re-uploaded it now.
              Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                Oops. I re-uploaded it now.
                Thanks!

Comment

i still don't get on where you need to type the command and why do we need to pin point the program to play the expension

Comment

Click start and then click Run and type whichever command line into the box in Windows.

Many ppl want to use a more up-to-date engine to play the Mission Packs than whatever the CD supported.

Comment

Can you pm me that link please for the .zip

Comment

http://www.quakeone.com/index.php?in...le&file_id=180

It is for use with Quakeworld clients; you have to have Mission Pack 1 and Mission Pack 2 (available for sale only on eBay anymore) and use eZQuake or FuhQuake for it to be of any use.

Regular Quake clients (non-Quakeworld) like Qrack, DarkPlaces, etc. don't need this file to use the Mission Packs.

Comment

you can get the mission packs from the idsoftware site i think but i could be wrong

Comment

Scourge of Armagon laser gun: impulse 225 - hammer: impulse 226

:-D
                            Scout's Journey
                            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

-->ClanHDZ<-- , Google it
                              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
                              X