mission maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mission maps

How does one play maps like scourge of armagon on xp? i can play the original through winquake,glquake,fuhquake and qrack but i cant remember how to load up the mission packs.....i think as long as it was installed in the right folder you could run it through the command line....not sure...please help
    amd 3200 2.2ghz
    2Gb corsair ddr400
    nvidia 6200 256Mb
    audigy 2 zs
    vista ultimate
    and not a bean to my name

not quite too sure what you're asking but for mods: -game modfolder (quake/modfolder/)

for maps: quake/id1/maps/

Also note that pak files are read from 0 and up. So if you are using the original pak0 and pak1, name your mod pak(s) from 2 and up.

Comment

I mean is quake comes with two official mission packs (scorge of armagon and dissolution of enternity) plus others unofficial mission packs like malice and dark hour....

how do you run them in glquake etc?
      amd 3200 2.2ghz
      2Gb corsair ddr400
      nvidia 6200 256Mb
      audigy 2 zs
      vista ultimate

Comment

Originally posted by flay
        How does one play maps like scourge of armagon on xp? i can play the original through winquake,glquake,fuhquake and qrack but i cant remember how to load up the mission packs.....i think as long as it was installed in the right folder you could run it through the command line....not sure...please help
        I'll get back to you on this. I remember that the installer for one of the two official mission packs does not work with XP. I think I manually installed the files.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

1. install them
          - to run the first mission pack, add "-hipnotic -game hipnotic" (sans quotes) in the parameters of the engine shortcut/alias/link
          - to run the second mission pack, add "-rogue -game rogue" (sans quotes) in the parameters of the engine shortcut/alias/link

All NQ engines except tenebrae can run them.

Comment

Yeah, I had problems with the installers too. Manually is the way to go.

Comment

Thanks all, i can now play them on dark places :d :d :d
              amd 3200 2.2ghz
              2Gb corsair ddr400
              nvidia 6200 256Mb
              audigy 2 zs
              vista ultimate

Comment

Working...
              X