Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm likes nice if you make another fid i wana be in it lol!

Comment

Can you use codecs besides Xvid and DivX?

Comment

Yes.

You just do capture_codec "<name>"

I think all codecs have some sort of 4 character shorthand code.

/You have to have the encoder installed for whatever you want to use.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

we need more videos for CA players

Comment

Anyone know the location of a precompiled Xvid codec?

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
              2. Make sure you have either the DIVX or XVID codec, otherwise your videos will be huge (gigabytes!) http://www.divxmovies.com/codec/
              The DivX codec pack installer also installs an Xvid encoder/decoder.

If using XVID as the codec, make sure you do this otherwise the XVID encoder status window will steal focus and cover part of the Quake window.

1. Click start, click run and type (or paste):

C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe xvidvfw.dll,Configure

2. Click "advanced options" and then the last folder tab and unclick the "Display Encoding Status" check box.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I seem to can't to get this to work. Got a Message in joequake "cannot record video stream"

I use Ubutnu 11.04 and Windows 7 on my Computer.

Comment

If you are double eager to at least get something to work, load up DarkPlaces and bind "toggle cl_togglecapture" to a key. DarkPlaces video capture does not require any external applications but the avi it makes are supergiant (scary big filesizes and it happens very quickly).

Comment

I think I've got it figured out. I had to disable divx and used xvid instead.
                    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z0LWETznvk"]DM4 Crazyness[/ame]
                    Last edited by meatwad; 08-02-2009, 08:11 PM.

I use Ubutnu 11.04 and Windows 7 on my Computer.

Comment

yeah xvid is like the bestist codec ever maked

Comment

Darkplaces seems to use Ogg Theora as the default codec for making its avis (because it is open source?) which has good quality but big filesize.

When you run it through an encoder and convert the audio to mp3, and the video to divX, the avi gets a lot smaller.

Xvid has a lot better quality but the file size is also huge.

I use mencoder (the encoder part of "MPlayer") to do this under Linux.

I have to say though that on the upside, video recording with Darkplaces is very convenient and you can use all those eyecandy features (while recording the video, not while making the demo of course).
                        Scout's Journey
                        Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Lamers with decent hardware who use Windoze from time to time can also use Fraps, convert the huge avi files to tiny wmv files with Windows Movie Maker and upload those to youtube.

That's how I made my videos so far, this one for example:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE4Klhs2NQk"]NQ video[/ame]

Fraps ain't free though (unless you can accept a watermark the demo version adds to the videos).
                          dfsp*spirit
                          my FPS maps

Comment

If you want good video quality then H264 is the only thing to go currently. Sadly the free and non-patented Ogg Theora is nowhere near.

XviD is vastly inferior to H264.

If you are going to reencode I highly suggest you grab lossless first. Otherwise your transcoded video will be bigger than needed and also of much less quality than possible.

Avidemux is a good frontend for video cutting and encoding. And x264 is the best free H264 encoder out there. Don't forget to compress the audio or you will waste space.
                            Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

how to add music?

Hi,
                              i just started to make a video-walkthrough of Quake. You can start watching here

I didn't figure out, how to add music to my videos. Maybe you can help?!

Comment

why do you toggle between 1st and 3rd person point of view?

Comment

Working...
                                X