Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[help] why are these weapons here? they should not be...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [help] why are these weapons here? they should not be...

ok just getting back into quake. using quakespasm for a classic feel (plus my machine is real low end)
    however ive got this odd thing were (just got to map e1m a bunch of weapons and ammo that should not be there are at the top of the ziggaruat.(ssg,sng bunch of nails and shells and an armour all set out in a grid pattern)
    this happened years ago too when I first tried darkplaces. its the result of copying my id1 dir from and old hd.
    back then someone in said this is caused by something in my id1 folder (somehting to do with multiplayer alteration) that should not be there. still I'm buggered if I know what it would be... ideas?

Hi OSJC,
    Without a piccy to help visualise it it is a bit puzzling but a few things spring to mind:
    1. Are you possibly using a custom version of the map in question?
    2. Do you have anything in your config that could be instantiating weapons perhaps for development or testing purposes.
    3. Is it the same when you use other engines?
    4. Have you observed the same problem on any other maps?
    5. Do the same problems persist if you jump on a regular multiplayer server and select the same map.?
    6. Is it possible that you may be running quake from a different gamedir, i.e. inadvertantly running another mod (perhaps by having a -game somemod in your command line) which may behave slightly differently on certain maps?.

Kind regards

Mr.B
    Re:"...still I'm buggered if I know.." thats one hell of a quaint old english expression .

Last edited by Mr.Burns; 01-30-2018, 01:10 AM.
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

lols. yeah comes of me being a quint old Englishman!

its happened in the past in darkplaces but i've no chance of running that these days anyhow.
      not custom maps.
      no chance of dm-ing to tst as my internet is poor...
      definately not a custom mod.
      I too now believe its the config... as there's little else it could be... I'll have a look... thanks

*edit* nope... still buggered heres a pic of of the ol' ziggaruat: spasm0001.png
      Last edited by osjclatchford; 01-30-2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by osjclatchford View Post
        lols. yeah comes of me being a quint old Englishman!
        My heavens. So I'm not the only english player left here !
        We'll have to resist the urge to start talking "english english".... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWUaT5ovZ50

Kind regards
        Mr.B
        Last edited by Mr.Burns; 01-31-2018, 02:07 AM.
        Mr.Burns
        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
        WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
        Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

'kin 'ell! almost forgot about that sketch entirely! nearly choked on my tea at "shat on a turtle!" got to love Michael Caine... hes such a good sport to do stuff like this!
          well my maps may still be in a right old 2 and 8 but you've made me giggle and no mistake!
          always a pleasure Monty!

Comment

Working...
          X