getting a version of qme that'll work in windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting a version of qme that'll work in windows 7

so yeah. most downloads for qme have the old installer that runs on xp and previous windows. (32 bit) I run windows seven. so I guess I'm asking if anyone's got a copy of qme in its installed form they could give a link to or send me so I can just copy it over to my hdd and see if it'll even run in windows 7 that way...
    oh, and please no suggestions of doing it on a 32 bit machine and then copying it over. if i had one I would already have done this. I've only the one laptop and that has windows 7...

thanks in advance
    Latchford

here's a QME version that i use myself
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_M...CfZgCmKQeMTM2V

its a simple unpack-and-use rar, no installers or such
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Thanks Talisa. Figured it would you you that came to my aid.
      I shall try later on today!
      Oh, and Aside from Mr burns are we the only two visiting these forums these days? Lol what the hell happened. This place was a hive of activity. Do you think it's down to the new format of the forum? Or is there something I've missed...

Comment

yeah i guess? the update of the forums also broke litterally ALL the links to posts and threads.. and i guess lot of people dont like the new look
        also i used to post news-posts every now and then but thats also pointless now since we dont have frontpage news anymore

guess perhaps a lot of people had their accounts set to remember password, and the update made those be gone.

and there was the few weeks downtime of the sim while the software was being updated, which i guess drove some members away as they got tired of waiting.

i dunno, think all of that added together made a lot of people leave
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

well that sucks... thanks for the qme by the way, worked great! as for the forums. it seems so odd because there's so much excellent work that's gone unfinished. it seems more extreme to me because of my huge leave of absence. I come back to new forums with new graphics and no people in it! LOL
          also there seems to be serious lag when it comes to use on a smartphone too. perhaps that's an issue?

Comment

yeah the forums seem to have a lot of lag and its not uncommon to click a link and have the site just remaining stuck on loading indefinitely
            its not your phone, its the site itself which seems to be having some serious connection issues lately

also you're welcome for the QME

and i really dunno for sure... think everything together just turned people off.
            i know seven possible got turned off by someone attacking him for including some asset from some game in the SMC

sock seems to feel unwelcome even though he's always welcomed by everyone and i know people cheer when they see his stuffies

i myself got caught up in creating 3D models of clothing for second life and dont really play quake much anymore lately,
            or really game that much anymore at all lately. so much stuffies to make, and i keep getting swarmed with commisions
            Last edited by talisa; 02-09-2018, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X