Impulse 12 - Previous weapon command for Abyss Of Pandemonium v2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impulse 12 - Previous weapon command for Abyss Of Pandemonium v2.0

Hello there! I've been trying to add impulse 12 (Previous weapon command) into Abyss Of Pandemonium v2.0

But unfortunately I'm unable to do this.

Don't you guys have a fixed version of progs.dat for AOP v2.0?

I just need proper impulse 12 support in original

Abyss of Pandemonium v2.0 without any other enhancements. (e.g. No Reforged or Extended stuff)

Hi Overdrive
    I don't suppose there was anything helpful in any of the 5 pak files (see https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/aopfm_v2.html) that you could use?

Kind regards
    Monty
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Hello

Thats the version I'm using and there is no Impulse 12 support! MHWHEELDOWN and MHWHEELUP are both used for "Next Weapon" command.

Impulse 12 must cycle weapons in reverse order.

Comment

Hello OV3RDR!VE,

The file you are looking for lies very near to that one:
        http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-help...364#post213364

If you follow its path, you will be led to the quaketastic.com page.
        You will find hundreds of mods there

The one you are looking for is called: AOP - The Final Mission v2.0__extended_20140623.zip

From the readme (please read it after download):
        This mod adds the following to "Abyss of Pandemonium - THE FINAL MISSION v2.0":
        - added "Previous weapon" (impulse 12) support
        - corrects nail position for nailguns

Supporting engines:
        - All Quake engines
        Browse through that page and find some nice gems.
        You can download it directly from here: DOWNLOAD

Have fun with your Quake,
        Seven

Comment

Seven, hello! I did it on my own and there is a HUGE problem!

First I decided to download your "AOP - The Final Mission v2.0__extended_20140623.zip" archive and took the progs.dat you modified in order to add impulse 12 support. I copied your "CycleWeaponReverseCommand" code into original Abyss v2.0 progs.dat. Then Copied your "ImpulseCommands" Code into original Abyss v2.0 progs.dat.

In the end I compiled the whole thing with FTEQCCGUI.exe

So "impulse 12" started to work properly cycling weapons in reverse as intended BUT there is a bug with ammo counter occured!

For example if type "impulse 9" and start shooting from Nailgun, for instance from 200 nails to 188 and then switch to Super Nailgun you will see 189 nails in ammo instead of 188!

If you shoot from Super Nailgun from 188 nails to 182 for example and then switch to Nailgun, you will see 184 nails in your ammo counter instead of 182!

So cycling forward after shooting adds 1 piece of ammo to the weapons which share the same ammo type with the previous one and cycling backwards adds 2 pieces of ammo to the weapons which share the same ammo type with the previous one.

Same problem goes to shotgun weapons, lightning, and rocket/grenade launchers.

Tested with MARK V v1.99 and latest QUAKESPASM

Please take a look and tell me what causes such a behaviour in code and how to eliminate this bug?

Comment

Your progs.dat from "AOP - The Final Mission v2.0__extended_20140623.zip" has this ammo counter bug either.

I suppose this may be related to some problems during compiling process but I'm not sure.

This ammo counter bug also starts to occur if you compile .qc files from source_orig folder from your archive, even without any changes made to the code.

Please test my progs.dat it has your code added regarding impulse 12, legond lightning position fix, slow velocity footstep sounds and new skin for lightning enforcer.

Here is the link

https://yadi.sk/d/JjI_Hv1htiyZGw
            Last edited by OV3RDR!VE; 12-07-2019, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Hello OV3RDR!VE,

If the original code has the issue after compiling, we did nothing wrong
              I only pointed you to the old modification I made. I am no longer working on Quake mods.
              I spend my time in other areas now. Just visiting this website from time to time.

The source codes are included in the download. So you basically have everything you need.
              If you want to find the bug, go through the code with a fine comb.
              If you do not find anything, you can always complain about the compiler in the end

Problems like these happens many times, when compiling code with a different compiler as it was meant to be.
              See, the game is old and the tools from back then are most probably lost.
              With new tools, the outcome is always a little different as new tools handle things differently.
              Example: Mission pack 2 also had serious bugs after compiling the original code with new compilers...
              We fortunately found ways to implement workarounds in the source and could compile a bugfree mission pack 2 mod.

I am sure you will be able to do the same here. If you really want. Or live with the small "cheat"
              Its in your hands.

Best of luck,
              Seven

PS: Tipp: Use different compilers. Also the old ones (they usually do not have a gui but they still work). Like frikqcc, advqcc, fastqcc, meqcc.

Comment

Thanks Seven, I will try to do my best. So far the whole same process with frikqcc compiler brought the same result... It seems that original AOP code has a bug.

But Original Abyss Of Pandemonium v2.0 which you can download does not have this ammo counter bug but lacks impulse 12 support.

Comment

Hello OV3RDR!VE,

I found and fixed the bug for you: DOWNLOAD
                  It happened during decompilation of the original source.
                  As you know, the AoP progs.dat was reverse engineered !
                  FrikQCC´s decompiler made some bad decisions, so...

Thank you for keeping an old fart like me in shape.
                  Was a nice and welcome job to find the bug

Now you have a clean new base to create your own features.
                  I see that you already found the mod from 2016, hehe.
                  QuakeC coding is really fun, isnt it ?
                  I really miss the old times.

Have fun,
                  Seven.

Comment

What an absolute star Seven is!.
                    It good to see you're still out there Seven and I hope things are going well

Kind regards
                    Monty
                    Mr.Burns
                    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Seven, I want to thank you very much for your effort. I confirm that ammo counter bug has been eliminated. This is simply amazing. I successfully compiled progs.dat from your updated source code.

I added legond's lightning attack fix, new lightning enforcer skin, footstep sounds while moving at low velocity and removed nailgun nail position fix because i didn't quite like it I've got used to original thing.

Currently working on AOP maps, adding missing soundtrack and map names, fixing hovering entities, adding additional ammo to the maps.

Thinking on releasing my patch here when I'm done.

BTW, take a look at my self made front cover and inlay for CD regarding Abyss Of Pandemonium v2.0. I'm planning to burn my tweaked version of AOP v2.0 onto CD just for the sake of my old games collection

1.jpg

2.jpg
                      Last edited by OV3RDR!VE; 12-09-2019, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
                        It good to see you're still out there Seven and I hope things are going well

Kind regards
                        Monty
                        Hi Monty,

There is a saying in Germany: Bad people are always fine
                        I hope this means something in english (you know, my bad english... )

It is good to see you too. Always willing to fight for good old Quake and keep us 10 people together

===================

Originally posted by OV3RDR!VE View Post
                        Seven, I want to thank you very much for your effort. I confirm that ammo counter bug has been eliminated. This is simply amazing. I successfully compiled progs.dat from your updated source code.
                        That was the plan.
                        I am happy that it worked out well.

Currently working on AOP maps, adding missing soundtrack and map names, fixing hovering entities, adding additional ammo to the maps.
                        Thinking on releasing my patch here when I'm done.
                        Sounds good !
                        Its always nice to see new releases.

BTW, take a look at my self made front cover and inlay for CD regarding Abyss Of Pandemonium v2.0. I'm planning to burn my tweaked version of AOP v2.0 onto CD just for the sake of my old games collection
                        I do not trust my CDs anymore...
                        Some are so old, that they became unreadable.
                        And newer computers do not even have a cd drive anymore. lol
                        I keep my goodies on external HDDs

Your covers look good.
                        That shows the passion you have for this game.
                        Very nice.

Take care,
                        Seven

Comment

Going to release my patch prior to the end of this week. Tested it quite well... should be working fine.

There will also be included 3 custom icons to use with game's shortcut and AOP official soundtrack .mp3 format) to use with Mark V or Quakespasm. The soundtrack from quaddicted is in .ogg format only so decided to convert it to .mp3.

I really think that AOP should be considered as unofficial Mission Pack #3 for Quake... it really fits in terms of continuation of the story.

You know it's like Zaero For Quake 2 in some respect.

Requirements will be:

​​​​​​An engine that provides external .ent files support (e.g. Mark V or QuakeSpasm)

Abyss Of Pandemonium v2.0 (Can be downloaded from quaddicted)
                          Last edited by OV3RDR!VE; 12-12-2019, 01:54 PM.

Comment

The patch is released.

Here is the new topic

http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...d-edition-2019

Comment

Working...
                            X