Crmod & Frog Bot (ca+) | Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crmod & Frog Bot (ca+) | Help?

This is a suggestion i sent to no. 5, as i thought he managed the forums.... anyway, if anyone knows how the hell to do this then post a GUIDE please... i'm still sick with a cold and i am to groggy to rewrite what i suggested so this is more of less a forward of what i previously suggested.

The guide should be a step by step of how to get a (basic / very undefined...) but running CRMOD server or whatever CA+ uses i grabbed CRMOD 6 something; with frog bot by who ever owns this site: Parboil

I guess it's Parboil's frog bot. I wanted to practice offline CA, because apparently his frog bot can do rocket jumps and stuff like that.

I never got his bot to work yet. Couldn't get them to add, after i got the server running. I'm on windows 2000 anyways, and i know for some reason crmod 6.x crashes if i use -condebug or -dedicated commands... all other console commands seem to load fine.

Anyways it's something to look into: I was using free dialup when i was trying to get them to work; but with servers being empty lots of the times. I STILL very much would be INTERESTED in figuring out how to get FROG BOT to work with A CRMOD server with similar settings to MAX or standard CA+ servers.

Hopefully you know of a forum post that will help me, or know someone willing enough to write up a guide so i can practice whether i'm online or not.

K~ByE.
    Last edited by Lerster; 04-01-2006, 11:26 PM.

I am very light on QuakeC, but this has integration with bots that use .way files, might/should be compatible with Trinca's waypoints ( http://trinca.no.sapo.pt/ ). The source should be helpful for someone looking to integrate bots, but alas, I can be of no further help on this topic.

RQP With Bots (source included)
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Thanks....

I'll look into it after i'm not sick. I'm still all drugged up on over the counter cold/flu medicines.... I hate being sick!

An if i don't get any other replies to the post, or nobody here knows how to do what i asked. I will figure it out myself and write up the step-by-step guide.

Hopefully someone else knows though, as i'm a lazy bastard. ^_^

Thanks again tho, baker. Seems like an interesting link and i can always hit that guy up on irc for some information as well. Even though that trinaca serv or whatever might not be what i was looking for, or it might be... I haven't the slightest yet cuz i haven't checked out the link fully yet.

I will though. I will.

Comment

I'm operating on the assumption that you know about FBCA 0.92 by Paraboil. It rocks!

http://www.parboil.quakeworld.ru/parboil/fbca092kt.zip

(Full file list: http://www.parboil.quakeworld.ru/)
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
        X