Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Compile Trouble

Baker,

I'm having some problems with Quark! All my maps gives this message when I try to connect to a server running it: "map model file does not match"

If I run the map directly into the client, there's no problem and it works fine!

This happens with any map I compile! Even with the basic map created by Quark (a square with a spawnpoint).

I already tried all kinds of Qbsp, VIS and Light utilities. A friend of mine, who is also trying to make some maps, has the same problems. Plus, he tried other tools too (worldcraft, qoole) and he always get the same erros.

I asked Trinca about it and he said to me he does exactly the same as I do, but unlike my case, there's no error.

I would appreciate any help, thanks!
    Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

This isn't really my field of expertise, some someone else might need to answer the question.

Are the client and server versions of the map the same actual map file?

Also, what are you using to compile the map? (filename and filedate for all 3 .. qbsp/vis/light)

I've heard mappers recommend the txqbsp.exe and the enhanced vis and light tools from AguirRe's site:

http://user.tninet.se/~xir870k/

Recommended: Post a link to an uploaded version of the map in .map format so others that know (far) more about this subject can easily take a look at the file.

It might take a while, but I have a feeling this mystery will probably get solved.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Could just be a discrepancy in the version (of quake) he's using to play and the version the server is running that he is connecting to.
      Chuck

Comment

If Chuck doesn't have the rights of it, you might try asking at http://www.celephais.net/board/view_thread.php?id=4 If it is a compile problem rather than a version conflict, this crew will have the answer.

Comment

Map Test

I tried it a hundred times, it's not a problem with the version of the map or Quake!

I used all qBSP, VIS and light utilities available in the web!

Thanks!
          Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

Working...
          X