GZ_GetSpace Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GZ_GetSpace Error

ok im playing quake on my psp and after playing for awhile i get this error SZ_GetSpace: overflow without allowoverflow set anyone know how to fix this? sometimes it happens right away it all depends.

According to AguirRe's site:

""SZ_GetSpace: x is > full buffer size"
    "SZ_GetSpace: overflow without allowoverflow set"
    These error messages indicate various memory buffers overflowing. One cause is too many static entities (normal limit 12. Another is too many things happening at startup, while playing or when loading saved games, typically occurring when playing on Hard/Nightmare skill due to more entities. Enhanced Win/GLQuake has higher limits and will print warnings when exceeding normal
    limits."

http://user.tninet.se/~xir870k/tooltips.txt

My interpretation: the PSP port's memory management might not be optimal or perhaps you don't have enough memory allocated to it.

This is just my take on it. I'm not an Quake engine programmer.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

ok it plays a demo movie at startup maybe thats effecting it?

Comment

The Quake demos? That's normal, at least on a PC. I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with it, but you never know.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Perhaps whoever ported it was an idiot and left leaks.

Comment

I don't know how the PSP works, but I put -allowoverflow 1 in the command line when that happens.

Dogz1 would know more about this.

Comment

Working...
            X