security.dll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• security.dll

I use qrack and some of the dm games have been taking place at quake.crmod.com due to dm.clanhdz.com having terrible pl for everyone. Since I have qrack I can't connect to quake.crmod.com. Someone mentioned that with secruity.dll I could connect to quake.crmod.com. I googled it and found nothing, but I have seen some mention of it this forum using the search function. Can anyone give me any insight into whether this will work and if so, where I can find it?

Heres the url to download the qsecurity files:
    ftp://ftp.runequake.com/quake/engine...ecurity320.zip

Unzip them to your quake folder.
    Then you should be able to connect to quake.crmod.com

If qrack doesnt work, it may be that proquake is required

Comment

ProQuake is required. I'm not sure if the 3.20 security dll works with 3.99, you might just need to go here ProQuake 4: The official continuation of ProQuake and get PQ+Security.dll 3.99 is a lot better than 3.50.
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

3.99 is digitally signed and capable of cheat-free as far as I know.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

The qsecurity.dll works with ProQuake 3.99 as well.

Someday Qrack will be in the fold in an enhanced security scheme, but the qsecurity.dll is so easily compromised by technically capable people that it would involve a ton of work to get Qrack to use it for very little benefit.

Essentially, I'd have to have Qrack lie about checksums because the typical Qrack setup uses a lot of replacement models and there are other twists and turns.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

the fact that qrack has no smoke trail rockets, straight lg, Quad symbol on guy's head, P symbol...thats bogus
            This body holding me,reminds me of my own mortality.
            Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal,all this pain is an illusion.

Comment

Lol Tical, you mean Neil's modified version called 'Qrock'

Comment

HaHaHa rook, that's an awesome name for the client

But on a side note, if rook gets interested enough to add the cheat free shit from proquake to qrack, i dont mind giving(if the community wants it of course) the qsecurity.dll that SND made, as far as i can tell it will spoof all of the crcs and allow any client configured correctly to connect to the cheat-free servers. Sorry i dont have the source

Comment

thats like using paper to hold gum off your shoe. hmm could be used to test against it using different seeds or crc tables, it gets to a point its a code game not a 3d game anymore

I honestly think that for a match to be 100% effective everyone must download a version of a special client to connect to the server to play for that once the server issues an expiration the client can be deleted. But then a proxy bot come to mind ...
                  Last edited by R00k; 06-30-2009, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X